The Cheeky Chap..........

Guest monk sante

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Knetan

hey,

strange film since Wei Pai is really quite the unsympathetic "hero". Is quite happy to hand out hurt but the final fight I remember being quite good. You'll have to wait for a dvd as the film is due for a re-translation. Wouldn't mind at all if they just skipped that idea.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Damn VCD releases, I've said before the end fight in this is absolutely brilliant, Wei Pei and Charlie Chan have never looked better.

Guest Markgway

It's Joy Sales who distribute the DVDs.

And at the rate they're going we'll see it hit stores in December 2015.

The retranslations are not worth the wait.

Guest killer meteor

The translations I've seen aren't very good either but I don't think they are the reason behind the holdup. We've had no remastered titles for a while and they don't have new subs

Guest Markgway

I'm inclined to agree...

According to one of the translators there's about seven movies that have already been translated that aren't out yet.

Not that any of them would be of much interest to KFF.

Got to say I was pleasantly surprised. Though the main character was rather a trickster than a hero (dubious morality included) - the whole thing only started to work well with me after I decided to accept that.

(BTW, I had a lot of fun trying to find out how to play just ONE audio track and not both mandarin and cantonese versions at once... Figured it out in the end, but it took some time...:o)

Guest thundered mantis

Bah I have lost the count of the Joy Sales VCD releases I wanna buy but I´m holding till they put them out on DVD. They must be like 20 or so. Great job, JS! :mad:

Archived