Tracking the Way of the Dragon?

greenbamboo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

The aka for this title is either Yellow Dragon vs Black Tiger or Black Dragon vs Yellow Tiger, can't remember which it was.

Bruce Long

There was a VHS released by Tai Seng some years ago with the title "Tiger from China." There was also a Hong Kong VCD of a short (105 min.) version titled "The Growling Tiger." But neither version had subtitles.

Chinatown Kid
gotta be YD vs. BT..

I just checked my DVD copy of the film and the title is Black Dragon VS Yellow Tiger and on the menu page it lists the aka's of Growling Tiger, Tracking the Dragon, and Tiger From China. The star is Tong Lung(and believe me, he's no Bruce Lee) and the black guy he fights in the finale is Master Clint Robinson, from his techniques I'm guessing he's a TKD stylist. There is also a white guy in it by the name of Master Jack Pierce. I believe I have the flashlegsrare version, it's w/s, English dubbed and has what I believe are Arabic subs. Even though the menu has the title Black Dragon Vs Yellow Tiger, in the actual print of the film the title is Growling tiger at the opening credits. The star Tong Lung is the same guy that starred in Challenge the Dragon.

Morgoth Bauglir

Challenge the Dragon? What year was that made C-town kid? All I remember Tong Lung from was Robert Tai movies like Devil Killer and Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu.

Brigadier Chow

Tong Lung is Alex Lo Rei's older brother, and has appeared in quite a few films in the 70s & 80s other than Robert Tai's movies, including these...

Ferocious Brothers 1972

Two Tigers 1973

Iron Profligates 1974

Legend of 8 Knights 1979

Adventure for Imperial Treasure 1981-played Monk Tamo

Veiling of the Hidden Sword 1981-played a monk

No One Can Touch Her 1982-one of the 13 bandits

Chinatown Kid
Challenge the Dragon? What year was that made C-town kid? All I remember Tong Lung from was Robert Tai movies like Devil Killer and Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu.

I'm not sure what the exact year Challenge the Dragon was made Morgoth, all I know is that it was in the 70's. Didn't know Tong Lung was Lo Rei's brother Brigadier Chow, but now that you said that I do see a resemblence.

Archived