Duel at the Supreme Gate Screencaps and Review Rarescope

Guest gfanikf

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this. I wasn't sure if I'd like it because the line up & the year. It pretty much kicked ass, tho. It was kinda like that movie where Wang Yu goes blind. The story at the beginning was kinda par for the course, but things pick up & I got totally into the movie. The swordplay is simple, but I ain't mad at it. Sets are nice. Another sucessful release by Rarescope. The coming attractions reel looks great. I want to see "Whitty Sword"!

h

Guest Squid Lips

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and am VERY happy these films are at least getting released in their original aspect ratios, but I wish they had the optional subs. Yes, this would probably increase the price but find reading the original subs on some of these faded prints almost too much. The Tiger with Jackie I almost gave up on trying to read.

Anyway, glad there are affordable versions of some of these films but have found some of the subs just too hard to do at times (though on a nostalgic level, reminds me of watching these prints in the theaters back in the 80s).

Had a chance to skim through this.The action is very well paced,nice familiar sets. Has a Cathay type of feel to it. Better than average swordplay movie from this era.

Archived