The Good the Bad and the Weird

Ivan Gorchev

Is it just me, or is the conversation between posts 58 - 74 an exact replica of the one that goes on between posts 38 - 49....

@OAB: You know what Bro I write so many post and when we come back to older ones I forget what might have been said already! I get Brain Dead! :cry:

I just want a good version without it being cut!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
@OAB: You know what Bro I write so many post and when we come back to older ones I forget what might have been said already! I get Brain Dead!

Ha ha, fair enough buddy, we all have those days! I for one actually consider the international version to be superior to the Korean version, the edits to the story make the flow a lot tighter and pacing much better in my opinion.

In particular the ending, for me the climax was really the massive chase scene after Song Kang-ho on the bike, with the three way stand-off being the dot on the exclamation mark so to speak. The Korean version makes that whole sequence very drawn out and meandering, almost becoming an anti-climax after the thrill of the epic chase through the dessert. I prefer the ambiguity that the international version leaves us with, and the fact that Ji-woon himself says that it's this version which most closely represent his vision for the movie says it all.

But I get how you might feel cheated if the Korean version was the one that you watched first....call it karma for buying a boot!:tongue:

Archived