The Restless (aka The Restless Sword) (2006)

daisho2004

daisho2004

OK I got to watch this movie last night and it was Excellent. Great storyline and the Action was Great the CGI was very good, as I've said before the Koreans are putting out some Excellent movies. Woo-sung Jung from "Musa: The Warrior" was Awesome once again in the title role, a must own for and collection.

The Restless is set in fantasy world for souls that have passed away long before they are reincarnated. This epic film combines various elements/genres like romance, fantasy, sword plays, martial arts and the never-ending fight between good and evil. The midheaven is a place for to those who have died in the real world but have failed to ascend to heaven. This film is similar in feel and style to: Shadowless Sword, Legend Of The Evil Lake, and Bichunmoo.

Cast: Jun-ho Heo, Woo-sung Jung, Kwang-il Kim, Tae-hee Kim, Jeong-hak Park, Sang-wook Park, Ha-jun Yu

Description: It is AD 924, at the end of the United Shilla Dynasty. Continuous riots sweep the land ruled by a corrupted government. Evil forces are rampant and malicious demons roam the land. YI Kwak, born with the powers to see spirits, joins the royal demon hunting squad, 'Chuh-yong-dae' after losing his fiancee, Yon-hwa to evil demons. YI Kwak excels as the most talented warrior of Chuh-yong-dae and the royal squad seems to gain momentum as powerful fighters against the forces of darkness. Then one day, YI Kwak drifts into Joongcheon, the world of the dead through a strange shrine. Joongcheon, the intermediate world between Heaven and Earth, a place souls remain for 49 days, preparing for reincarnation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pwih_7p-Y24&feature=related

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisho2004

NO its the same movie, its called the "Restless Sword" on the DVD but the Korean title is just the "Restless", and get that movie back from your Dad ASAP!!! And yes I'm very big into the Japanese genre so are a few other members here.

ShaOW!linDude

I dvr'ed this the other day. May try to watch it this weekend. We'll see.

Okay, I just suffered through this. Here's my take.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=165952#post165952

read your review and basically its pretty much spot on. still i feel different about the restless.

for one i`m a sucker for wuxia, no matter if its more grounded or fantastical over the top kinda stuff. and i like the koreans approach to the genre. as long as i can get my fix, count me in :angel:

it does have the flaws pointed out in the review, maybe my personal priorities are with things that the restless does well.

the movie`s concept of how to design and portray midheaven alone is worth a watch.

the rest is sappiness, some good fun entertainment & dragging parts scattered all over this PURE EYE CANDY flick.

Secret Executioner

I wasn't too thrilled with this one, though it looked very nice with great special effects and visuals. The plot, as ShaOW!linDude said in his review, is a bit complicated (didn't get everything). I also felt it had an irregular rhythm: some parts feel rather long while the action scenes are really intense.

Not a bad movie, but in the recent medieval Asian movies, I've seen better, notably from China (movies like Hero, House Of Flying Daggers or Detective Dee).

Archived