What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

De Ming Li
Posted (edited)

The recently released Disk Kino UHD of The Wandering Earth, the new UHD/BD of Tai Chi Master and blu ray set of the Guts Trilogy from 88 Films and a new blu ray set from Discotek

IMG_5289.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Woah ! This was brutal as hell.

20241002_005039.jpg

Not seen it yet. Just dumped it on my ever increasing pile. So how brutal is it? Enough for people to walk out of the cinema?

I heard recently of a new film that had people leaving the cinema of the film The Substance starring Demi Moore because they couldn't hack it.

I've seen a few films that might fall into that category, namely Cannibal Holocaust, but even then, that wouldn't make me walk out of the cinema.

What do you rate the film you just watched out of shock/brutal factor @sifu iron perm

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

On Red To Kill from me: While the acting is over the top at points and the social commentary anything but subtle, Billy Tang’s final, extreme Category III film leaves a mark. Sympathetic and monstrous performances, attractive cinematography, sync sound but deeply unpleasant.

You might need a shower afterwards.

Edited by Knetan
  • Like 5

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Not seen it yet. Just dumped it on my ever increasing pile. So how brutal is it? Enough for people to walk out of the cinema?

I heard recently of a new film that had people leaving the cinema of the film The Substance starring Demi Moore because they couldn't hack it.

I've seen a few films that might fall into that category, namely Cannibal Holocaust, but even then, that wouldn't make me walk out of the cinema.

What do you rate the film you just watched out of shock/brutal factor @sifu iron perm

I did go see The Substance and witnessed  6 separate walk outs due to the grotesque & WTF scenes, I had to laugh out loud on few occasions to disguise my torture but a fun and nasty type torture.

Red to Kill is pure category 3 sleaze and Yeah it delivers well for its time and premise. I did also watch it after midnight so all focus was on this Viewing,  I took two showers one before & one after.

9/10 for filth

8/10 for violence

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

I did go see The Substance and witnessed  6 separate walk outs due to the grotesque & WTF scenes, I had to laugh out loud on few occasions to disguise my torture but a fun and nasty type torture.

Red to Kill is pure category 3 sleaze and Yeah it delivers well for its time and premise. I did also watch it after midnight so all focus was on this Viewing,  I took two showers one before & one after.

9/10 for filth

8/10 for violence

Did you take a razor in the shower with you?

• Haha 3

sifu iron perm
1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

Did you take a razor in the shower with you?

Gillette fusion 5.

😆 🤣 

• Haha 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
5 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'd also rate it as extremely nasty.

At the premiere of HOSTEL (2005 Toronto International Film Festival) someone said "I'm going to be sick." and ran from the theater. And I recall walkouts during STRANGE CIRCUS (2005) and MARTYRS (2008 original). On the opening day of RESERVOIR DOGS, I had the weirdest sensation during the "ear scene" and realized the couple next to me were both turned toward and staring at me. "What?" I asked. They said, "Sorry, we just can't look." I replied "Um... maybe turn that way." motioning the opposite direction. Or, you know, close your freaking eyes!

4 hours ago, Knetan said:

On Red To Kill from me: While the acting is over the top at points and the social commentary anything but subtle, Billy Tang’s final, extreme Category III film leaves a mark. Sympathetic and monstrous performances, attractive cinematography, sync sound but deeply unpleasant.

You might need a shower afterwards.

SILKWOOD style.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
11 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Woah ! This was brutal as hell.

20241002_005039.jpg

*Everyone else - looking at the cover*

*Me - memorising @sifu iron perm pad layout!*

Ke9ZZ3.gif

:P

• Haha 2

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Gillette fusion 5.

😆 🤣 

Hey bro you don't even the handle, just use the precision trimmer on the refill. You got good taste because I spotted a Suntory lemon sour in your room :BL-Toast:

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Love 1

Yggdrasil
41 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I'd also rate it as extremely nasty.

At the premiere of HOSTEL (2005 Toronto International Film Festival) someone said "I'm going to be sick." and ran from the theater. And I recall walkouts during STRANGE CIRCUS (2005) and MARTYRS (2008 original). On the opening day of RESERVOIR DOGS, I had the weirdest sensation during the "ear scene" and realized the couple next to me were both turned toward and staring at me. "What?" I asked. They said, "Sorry, we just can't look." I replied "Um... maybe turn that way." motioning the opposite direction. Or, you know, close your freaking eyes!

Probably the only film that made me squeamish when a knife is digging out an eyeball was Flowers of Flesh and Blood. But that was 30 odd years ago but my first time at seeing such real life gore, even if it was meant to look like a snuff film.

I'm more intrigued now with Red to Kill. Something for Friday night then.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
18 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Hey bro you don't even the handle, just use the precision trimmer on the refill. You got good taste because I spotted a Suntory lemon sour in your room :BL-Toast:

Yes Bro it's Kirin or Suntory in my fridge. Yum.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
31 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Probably the only film that made me squeamish when a knife is digging out an eyeball was Flowers of Flesh and Blood. But that was 30 odd years ago but my first time at seeing such real life gore, even if it was meant to look like a snuff film.

I'm more intrigued now with Red to Kill. Something for Friday night then.

You're going to be severely disappointed if you go in expecting gore. This isn't a gory film but it's disturbing due to the unhinged over the top portrayal of sexual violence especially since the victim is mentally disabled.

• Like 3

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

You're going to be severely disappointed if you go in expecting gore. This isn't a gory film but it's disturbing due to the unhinged over the top portrayal of sexual violence especially since the victim is mentally disabled.

I'm not expecting gore at all. Chinese films don't have gore anyway.

Oh, Bridget the Midget! Now we're talking!

All seriousness aside, I've just finished watching it and it's not all that great. Over the top acting and cheesy romantic music in scenes that should be dark.

Some of the music reminded me of Akira, when Tetsuo just went crazy and nuts. If this was the reason, I suppose it fits the scene very well.

I was more disturbed with Untold Story than this film.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm not expecting gore at all. Chinese films don't have gore anyway.

Oh, Bridget the Midget! Now we're talking!

All seriousness aside, I've just finished watching it and it's not all that great. Over the top acting and cheesy romantic music in scenes that should be dark.

Some of the music reminded me of Akira, when Tetsuo just went crazy and nuts. If this was the reason, I suppose it fits the scene very well.

I was more disturbed with Untold Story than this film.

Plenty of "Chinese" movies have gore. Just off the top of my head The Sadness, Dr Lamb, Riki Oh...

With the arrival of BLACK CAT, am now (as far as I’m aware) Made In Hong Kong complete on laserdisc. Kan vara en bild av 2 personer och text

• Like 4
  • Love 3

sifu iron perm

I understand what bro Yggdrasil is pointing out, depends on the setting and mindframe going into this flick, it's more of the sickening mind frame of that went into this film and the pleasure of rape plus having a cast playing mental disabled characters added much disturbance. A collective of trauma added a disturbing feel to it. Untold story and Ebola are much better movies and comical in places compared to red to kill. 

• Like 3

Yggdrasil
36 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Plenty of "Chinese" movies have gore. Just off the top of my head The Sadness, Dr Lamb, Riki Oh...

Dr. lamb and Ricki Oh is limited gore. For me there's no real shock value. I enjoyed them, but for me, they wasn't really full on gore. Very very tame.

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

I understand what bro Yggdrasil is pointing out, depends on the setting and mindframe going into this flick, it's more of the sickening mind frame of that went into this film and the pleasure of rape plus having a cast playing mental disabled characters added much disturbance. A collective of trauma added a disturbing feel to it. Untold story and Ebola are much better movies and comical in places compared to red to kill. 

I wasn't disturbed by it at all. I did like the beginning with the socal worker attending another house at the start of the film and just laughed and said, "Nice!" Other than, not fazed by it at all. Now of course if they had a real mentally handicapped actress, say with downs or ALS without the nudity then that would certainly be hard to watch. (And most likely never to be approved).

Now that I think about it, many moons ago I seem to remember watching a western film about a rape of a woman who was wheelchair bound. For me, that was rather more disturbing.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Dr. lamb and Ricki Oh is limited gore. For me there's no real shock value. I enjoyed them, but for me, they wasn't really full on gore. Very very tame.

Surprised you didn't pick up the Mukuro Trilogy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
13 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Cannibalism holocaust is pretty tamed nowadays.   Brutal for me would be irreversible 4k

• Love 1

sifu iron perm
7 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

*Everyone else - looking at the cover*

*Me - memorising @sifu iron perm pad layout!*

Ke9ZZ3.gif

:P

Panda Perv. 

😆 

nikku-panda.gif

• Haha 3

Yggdrasil
25 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Cannibalism holocaust is pretty tamed nowadays.   Brutal for me would be irreversible 4k

True, but I had not seen or heard of it until last year.

• Love 1

sifu iron perm
29 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Irreversible is a perfect example of walkouts. I watched this 4 times in cinema X 2 with Gaspar Noe in attendance and other 2 at normal screenings. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1