What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

17 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

three new blu rays from Via Vision, a new blu ray from 88 Films and the WCL blu ray of The Horse Thief

IMG_5276.jpg

Holy shit! That WCL blu ray (even used) is the single most impressive acquisition I've seen on this thread because I know that must've cost a grip! :bs_overwhelmed:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

received my TVP mediabook of MARS VILLA

PXL_20240924_181549391.jpg

I only know of ASTON VILLA

• Haha 2

Haven't seen Deliverance for donkeys years. It'll be interesting to hear the audio commentary about it.

20240927_164359.jpg

• Like 5

AN EYE FOR AN EYE contributor copy from Vinegar Syndrome has arrived, and we close up another audio commentary projekt. Me and Phil Gillon got and took the chance to talk of the censored versus uncut version, its Category III content, admiring one of the all time bloody brawls in Hong Kong film and we’re grateful to VS for the chance, to anyone who has picked up the disc, and especially if you listened to our discussion. We hope we left an informative impression, and that we’re welcome back into your blu ray disc player some other time. Also on the disc is a brand new interview with director O Sing-pui, which we as contributors did not have access to. Should be a treat. 

Kan vara en bild av text

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 1

My Guts Trilogy arrived today from 88. Actually, it was delivered to the other side of town to a similar address. Very thankful for the house owner to hand deliver the parcel to mine.

Dallos and Space Sheriff Shaider arrived this afternoon from Discotek.

20240928_135425.jpg

20240928_135242.jpg

20240928_141534.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

12 minutes ago, Knetan said:

Is Dallos advertised as HD or one of Discotek's SD on BD editions?

On the rear it says 1080p High Definition. It doesn't mention SD on the front cover like they do with other earlier types of anime from the 80's.

Cool. Upgrading then. Discotek always gets my respect when they are upfront with standard definition, versus hd.

• Like 3

I got Long Arm of the Law 1 & 2!

today!

20240928_220144.jpg

Edited by Pandaman
I put it in the wrong section i meant to add Long Arm of the Law
  • Like 5

Thought I'd buy the out of print Hanzo the Razor DVD set from Eureka.

Thankfully Vol 1 - 3 still has a booklet included.

Many thanks for @Knetan for guiding me.

20240930_113621.jpg

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2

5 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

20240930_113621.jpg

Oh you got the box! That's dope. Mine is just one case, with the three discs. But thick booklet included so not missing out on content.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

20240930_113621.jpg

What a coincidence. Managed to grab the set last week as well. Also thanks to @Knetan’s recommendation. I really appreciate it,  thank you. What a beautiful addition to my collection. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2024 at 3:40 PM, Knetan said:

Cool. Upgrading then. Discotek always gets my respect when they are upfront with standard definition, versus hd.

I'm watching it now. I've never seen the OAV before so I can't compare the images to the DVD version, but the picture quality is really High Def with a capital D!

Much like I suppose if you compared the VHS of Akira, then numerous releases of DVD, then finally to 4k. Quite a noticeable difference.

Sourmilk78
6 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm watching it now. I've never seen the OAV before so I can't compare the images to the DVD version, but the picture quality is really High Def with a capital D!

Much like I suppose if you compared the VHS of Akira, then numerous releases of DVD, then finally to 4k. Quite a noticeable difference.

Lets be real here the Akira 4k was absolute trash

2 minutes ago, Sourmilk78 said:

Lets be real here the Akira 4k was absolute trash

A better upgrade than the DVD I had, with a clearer picture. I didn't have any hate for it.

Sourmilk78
10 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

A better upgrade than the DVD I had, with a clearer picture. I didn't have any hate for it.

The blu ray looks phenomenally better than the UHD.... The UHD has been dnr'd to the point where its blurry, ended up selling mine within a week.

If you don't mind them degraining stuff and you're just there for the HDR and resolution then sure.

Edited by Sourmilk78