What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

Cabacomix
On 8/14/2024 at 8:18 PM, Trasher66 said:

37A0B33F-F8A9-4521-957D-C5C12DB0007D.jpeg

That's a fine "Walled Up" edition! where did you get it? Does it have English subtitles?

Yggdrasil
3 hours ago, Cabacomix said:

I finally got my hands on the 1st part of the Kung Fu Master, TV series. And the A. Fu Sheng classic!

WIN_20240828_13_20_29_Pro.jpg

I see the series is on YT with Chinese hardsubs.

• Like 1

Trasher66
1 hour ago, Cabacomix said:

That's a fine "Walled Up" edition! where did you get it? Does it have English subtitles?

Thanks!  Yeah it’s great. I ordered it from yesasia.  Yes it has English subs. 

• Like 1

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

I see the series is on YT with Chinese hardsubs.

There is an English subbed version that exists.

• Like 1

From 88 Films

And Toei's Teruo Ishii Abnormal Love Series DVD Box Set!

This is just a collector's item really. I remember when it came out back in 2005 and sold out before it was even released. I then picked up all the stand alone releases. Now I finally managed to add the box set (with a thick booklet that includes AD Misao Arai interviews about each film) to my collection. Only cost me 5000 yen, and I think I can get most of it back when I sell my stand alone copies. Of course I have half of the films on BD as well (though it's a shame some of HD masters have far worse colours and contrast than then old DVDs, especially Inferno of Torture. That one is one of the visually most beautiful Toei films of all time, and the DVD has the same overall look as the gorgeous 35mm print that I've seen no less three times in Tokyo, in three different theaters).

• Like 7

Yggdrasil
7 hours ago, Takuma said:

From 88 Films

And Toei's Teruo Ishii Abnormal Love Series DVD Box Set!

This is just a collector's item really. I remember when it came out back in 2005 and sold out before it was even released. I then picked up all the stand alone releases. Now I finally managed to add the box set (with a thick booklet that includes AD Misao Arai interviews about each film) to my collection. Only cost me 5000 yen, and I think I can get most of it back when I sell my stand alone copies. Of course I have half of the films on BD as well (though it's a shame some of HD masters have far worse colours and contrast than then old DVDs, especially Inferno of Torture. That one is one of the visually most beautiful Toei films of all time, and the DVD has the same overall look as the gorgeous 35mm print that I've seen no less three times in Tokyo, in three different theaters).

Wicked looking artwork on the dvd's. I'll have to search for these names of the films if I can remember to do it.

Trasher66
8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Was lucky enough to get my hands on this one…

IMG_9016.jpeg

I’ve got a copy on the way…same cover also. 

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Ze Germans have won the physical media game you guys. It’s time for everyone to pack their bags and go home. They won!IMG_3168.thumb.jpeg.256aea671d3227ccbc94654f7c014876.jpeg

I found the Donnie Yen TVB shows File Noir and A New Life on bluray at Ebay. The discs are distributed by Mainland-based WHD. They also released Donnie's ATV shows, which I have.

There's audio options of Cantonese (recorded in stereo, standard in HK TV shows) and Mandarin (dubbed), and the video quality is upscaled in HD (it's better than the streaming/download versions on Internet though). Unfortunately, there's no English subtitles available.

Now awaiting copies of Flying Squads (aka Flying Tiger SWAT Team) and The Crime File (both shows featured as a combo), which was released by WHD early this year but aren't on sale at Ebay yet.

20240904_130108.jpg

Edited by DiP
  • Like 5

Picked up Vol 1 & 2 of the Central Park Short Film Archive series which features student and debut Korean filmmakers, Akihabara@Deep blu ray and the 2012 documentary Dragon Girls on blu ray. Thanks to @chonk for turning me onto this one.

PXL_20240905_013626037.jpg

• Like 3

De Ming Li

The new blu ray of IKIRU from British Film Institute and the new Hong Kong blu ray of Twilight of the Warriors Walled in

IMG_5246.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 5

On 8/31/2024 at 7:51 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Wicked looking artwork on the dvd's. I'll have to search for these names of the films if I can remember to do it.

I can save you the time: History of the Shogun's Harem, The Joy of Torture, Inferno of Torture, Love and Crime, and Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight.

• Like 3

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, Takuma said:

I can save you the time: History of the Shogun's Harem, The Joy of Torture, Inferno of Torture, Love and Crime, and Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight.

Ah. Joy of Torture and Inferno sound familiar.

I just thought I do a quick search for Bohachi. I recognised the cover and noticed it was released by Discotek. I prefer the Japanese covers with the kanji, even though I can't read what it says, lol.

The others do not. Thanks @Takuma

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1