What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

sifu iron perm
11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Received THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE from Gold Ninja

PXL_20240815_002558849.jpg

Good news!!

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Received THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE from Gold Ninja

PXL_20240815_002558849.jpg

I've never heard of that movie but that is a legit release and not a bootleg? Still it's better than this shit....................

51h0Cy4mwKL._AC_.jpg

Just AWFUL!

• Haha 2

MobFu1972
On 8/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Golden Triangle

20240815_163631.jpg

How is the 2K master on this? Does it look good?

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

How is the 2K master on this? Does it look good?

Not @Yggdrasil but he told me he hasn't had a chance to sit down and watch this yet. But I have and will say it's pretty decent all around bordering on very good quality but don't expect a pristine print or any remastered, color corrected transfer. CMIIW but I don't believe Gold Ninja does any type of restoration work at all other than scanning. So this blu ray does have some print damage, slight speckling, some flickering but overall, the contrast is strong which is my main bugaboo with some of these prints is they look washed out -- this is definitely not the case here. Fleshtones look strong and realistic as well as you can clearly see when Yasuaki Kurata is drinking his sorrows away at a burlesque club and a stripper displays her ample bosom right into the camera. :evilgrin

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

Yggdrasil
35 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Not @Yggdrasil but he told me he hasn't had a chance to sit down and watch this yet. But I have and will say it's pretty decent all around bordering on very good quality but don't expect a pristine print or any remastered, color corrected transfer. CMIIW but I don't believe Gold Ninja does any type of restoration work at all other than scanning. So this blu ray does have some print damage, slight speckling, some flickering but overall, the contrast is strong which is my main bugaboo with some of these prints is they look washed out -- this is definitely not the case here. Fleshtones look strong and realistic as well as you can clearly see when Yasuaki Kurata is drinking his sorrows away at a burlesque club and a stripper displays her ample bosom right into the camera. :evilgrin

The usual stuff then. Soi cowboy or Nana plaza related?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
11 minutes ago, nectarsis said:

new arrivals

20240819_173754.thumb.jpg.68b52a4b2b2f5efd259aacc73f5c9872.jpg

Oh they are shipping love on delivery then?

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

20240822_142655.jpg

Call me a miser, but I skipped paying a few quid from 88 for p&p and pre-ordered Island of Fire from Amazon. I suppose that's what happens. My fault, as Amazon won't release this until one day after the release.

Say it. - Tight wad.

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Call me a miser, but I skipped paying a few quid from 88 for p&p and pre-ordered Island of Fire from Amazon. I suppose that's what happens. My fault, as Amazon won't release this until one day after the release.

Say it. - Tight wad.

If you are a  self proclaimed  tight wad then I'm getting to an old age of forgetting and becoming quite frivolous with letting my dosh go to extreme waste, I ordered Island of fire this morning only to find out it was delivered 4 hours later. I rapidly contacted 88 with my pre-ordering blunder,  they accepted & cancelled my order. How bloody forgetful.  

I need to calender my pre orders from this day forward.  😩 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

If you are a  self proclaimed  tight wad then I'm getting to an old age of forgetting and becoming quite frivolous with letting my dosh go to extreme waste, I ordered Island of fire this morning only to find out it was delivered 4 hours later. I rapidly contacted 88 with my pre-ordering blunder,  they accepted & cancelled my order. How bloody forgetful.  

I bought a notebook for that very reason, marking it with ticks for orders I've received.

But even then, the odd one slips out. I've got 2 copies of Beast Master from Eureka 🤔

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Gingko Biloba my friend.

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
37 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I bought a notebook for that very reason, marking it with ticks for orders I've received.

But even then, the odd one slips out. I've got 2 copies of Beast Master from Eureka 🤔

Ebay it surely Sir.

sifu iron perm
26 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Gingko Biloba my friend.

It works tremendously I bet dai dai? You remember all your ex girlfriends and their friends numbers & underwear measurements. Haha  

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
24 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

It works tremendously I bet dai dai? You remember all your ex girlfriends and their friends numbers & underwear measurements. Haha  

Those are the things I don't want to remember!

• Haha 1

Yggdrasil
43 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Ebay it surely Sir.

Nah. I'll give it to my scaffolding lorry driver.

• Buddha Bless You 1