What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

ShawAngela
On 5/24/2024 at 10:13 AM, De Ming Li said:

this new blu ray from Third Window Films

IMG_5070.jpg

Wasn't it you who said that you decided to stop buying movies? :bs_laughing::monk_laughing:

I myself say that I'll stop buying books, but almost each time I go to the supermarket, I can't help but buy one, or two or... more!!:bs_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Super Ninja
On 5/24/2024 at 4:12 PM, Yggdrasil said:

Never seen Donnie Darko. Front cover just puts me off. People rave a the film but I know nowt about it other than that it's a cult classic.

20240524_153043.jpg

I fell in love with DD even before seeing it, when I read what's it about in an issue of Total Film I was buying at the time. I knew then I have to see it straight away. Bought the original soundtrack along with the DVD. If you decide to watch it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Here's a pic of DD T-shirt I made, think I was in high school at the time :blush Front is textile paint, numbers at the back are handsewn.

IMG_20240525_232812.thumb.jpg.8d776da8535e2e9a9061131a65375e9d.jpgIMG_20240525_232758.thumb.jpg.a07855b122253d955c2bd25e30a6bc1f.jpg

• Like 5

Yggdrasil
10 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

I fell in love with DD even before seeing it, when I read what's it about in an issue of Total Film I was buying at the time. I knew then I have to see it straight away. Bought the original soundtrack along with the DVD. If you decide to watch it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Here's a pic of DD T-shirt I made, think I was in high school at the time :blush Front is textile paint, numbers at the back are handsewn.

IMG_20240525_232812.thumb.jpg.8d776da8535e2e9a9061131a65375e9d.jpgIMG_20240525_232758.thumb.jpg.a07855b122253d955c2bd25e30a6bc1f.jpg

A peculiar film. I'm 50 minutes in. Donnie just asked a teacher about Time Travel.

For sci fi films, I prefer films like Millennium or Timescape. At least they make sense. Currently as I'm still watching this film, I rate it as a boring 3/10.

• Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
3 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

A peculiar film. I'm 50 minutes in. Donnie just asked a teacher about Time Travel.

For sci fi films, I prefer films like Millennium or Timescape. At least they make sense. Currently as I'm still watching this film, I rate it as a boring 3/10.

Honest review! 

I watched it during pre release London film festival and enjoyed it, as a student  and also got a firm HJ from a nice colleague mate from tokyo in the middle of film.

We went to the 3rd screening  less packed.

I loved it. 

Yggdrasil
1 minute ago, sifu iron perm said:

Honest review! 

I watched it during pre release London film festival and enjoyed it, as a student  and also got a firm HJ from a nice colleague mate from tokyo in the middle of film.

I loved it. 

I'd probably be in a different mindset if I watched it in 2001. At least I'd be 29. Not that I'm scared of clowns or 6ft bunnies, I just always found the film a little bizarre, without actually watching it.

It is a slow film, that's for sure.

• Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'd probably be in a different mindset if I watched it in 2001. At least I'd be 29. Not that I'm scared of clowns or 6ft bunnies, I just always found the film a little bizarre, without actually watching it.

Definitely agree to watch in a certain frame of mind. I always choose a time to watch a film or pre plan my scheduling to sit relax and hopefully enjoy a Picture..God bless Category 3. 😉  😆 

Edited by sifu iron perm

Super Ninja
12 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I changed my mind, I don't wanna hear your thoughts. But please, feel free to trash one of my all time favorite films, don't let my love for it stop you :laugh JK, wish you enjoyed it more.

7 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Makes sense what you say about watching it in 2001. It did help that I watched it at a younger age, before internet, before I started watching all the strange and twisted stuff I could get my hands online. That was one of the first genuinely weird films I've seen. But in my case, once a movie earns a place on my list, it usually stays there, especially the all-timers.

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Honest review! 

I loved it. 

well I imagine that would make any film more enjoyable :tongueout

• Haha 1

Yggdrasil
52 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

I changed my mind, I don't wanna hear your thoughts. But please, feel free to trash one of my all time favorite films, don't let my love for it stop you :laugh JK, wish you enjoyed it more.

Makes sense what you say about watching it in 2001. It did help that I watched it at a younger age, before internet, before I started watching all the strange and twisted stuff I could get my hands online. That was one of the first genuinely weird films I've seen. But in my case, once a movie earns a place on my list, it usually stays there, especially the all-timers.

It was ok. I had to turn to wiki for answers. I watched the director's cut of the film. The film is definitely not what I imagined, and I can see why it's regarded as a cult film. I was a bit harsh before about rating it 3/10. Maybe I can stretch it to a 6 or 7. I couldn't watch it again though.

sifu iron perm
14 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

It was ok. I had to turn to wiki for answers. I watched the director's cut of the film. The film is definitely not what I imagined, and I can see why it's regarded as a cult film. I was a bit harsh before about rating it 3/10. Maybe I can stretch it to a 6 or 7. I couldn't watch it again though.

Basically it was Shit 😆 

sifu iron perm
36 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

well I imagine that would make any film more enjoyable :tongueout

❤️ 

Yggdrasil
25 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Basically it was Shit 😆 

No. I didn't say that. More like watchable, for one time only, 20 years apart.

Roll on 72nd birthday!

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
3 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

No. I didn't say that. More like watchable, for one time only, 20 years apart.

Roll on 72nd birthday!

😆  wicked!!

Super Ninja
17 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I once read a comment from someone who watched the director's cut saying it's really unclear how Kelly made everything right with the theatrical version and amazed people with his vision when the dc is so bad. That was enough for me to avoid watching director's cut all these years. So maybe try theatrical next time?

I can live with 6 or 7.

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

I once read a comment from someone who watched the director's cut saying it's really unclear how Kelly made everything right with the theatrical version and amazed people with his vision when the dc is so bad. That was enough for me to avoid watching director's cut all these years. So maybe try theatrical next time?

I can live with 6 or 7.

I like to see a film from the director's point of view. The original version still had the story of the kiddy fiddler? There's certainly 25 mins of footage that can easily be removed.

I heard there's a sequel and a remake.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I like to see a film from the director's point of view. The original version still had the story of the kiddy fiddler? There's certainly 25 mins of footage that can easily be removed.

I heard there's a sequel and a remake.

Yup.

Never bothered with the sequel either, heard it was pretty bad. 

Remake? Not that I know. Even if it exists, much like with the director's cut and the sequel, I'm wouldn't be interested in watching it.

MobFu1972

I am so Happy it is Finally Here 🥋🐉👊🐲👍☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

20240528_191252.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
29 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

I am so Happy it is Finally Here 🥋🐉👊🐲👍☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

20240528_191252.jpg

I pre-ordered pretty late waiting for the discount code from Ricky Baker, so I'm wondering if they're processing these going by order #? Did you pre-order early?

Recently picked up a couple of more WCL blu ray releases with Yaoting Shen's 1980 murder mystery thriller, MURDER IN 405 & Shujun Wei's RIPPLES OF LIFE.

PXL_20240529_001944105.MP.jpg

• Like 2

MobFu1972
12 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I pre-ordered pretty late waiting for the discount code from Ricky Baker, so I'm wondering if they're processing these going by order #? Did you pre-order early?

Recently picked up a couple of more WCL blu ray releases with Yaoting Shen's 1980 murder mystery thriller, MURDER IN 405 & Shujun Wei's RIPPLES OF LIFE.

PXL_20240529_001944105.MP.jpg

I pre-ordered day one. I am surprised I got it so quick!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yihetuan
5 minutes ago, MobFu1972 said:

I pre-ordered day one. I am surprised I got it so quick!!!

Why are you so surprised? Didn't they send you a tracking #? If they didn't send out a shipping notification then it's just a crapshoot when people will receive their copy.

• Like 1

De Ming Li
Posted (edited)

this new blu ray set from Radiance Films

thumbnail_IMG_5078.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

The Valiant Ones 4K UHD, CJ7, Motorway Special Edition

I also picked up a cool book called SEX CINE-MATRIX - the earliest works of Kin-Ichi Tanaka - the "Pink" era. A book documenting Tanaka's job as a still photographer for pink films in the 70s. Unfortunately I can't post any pics as they are all NSFW but here's one of the few safe pics in the book.

PXL_20240530_003825574.MP.jpg

PXL_20240530_003905637.MP.jpg

PXL_20240530_004101113.MP.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 6

kuenfist
Posted (edited)

From the last 6 weeks. It is not all but this is what i bought new not second hand.... as you can see i am not only in fu ... i am a collector of MOVIES ....

20240531_231141.jpg

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1