What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

Received the new blu ray of The Champions and was surprised it was certified an 18 in the UK. My memory is that it was harmless, light on violence, borderline children's friendly so it's going to be interesting trying to spot what warrants an adult audience even nowadays.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Knetan said:

Received the new blu ray of The Champions and was surprised it was certified an 18 in the UK. My memory is that it was harmless, light on violence, borderline children's friendly so it's going to be interesting trying to spot what warrants an adult audience even nowadays.

Saying that, I was equally surprised that Miracle Fighters was given a PG and it had one F word in it and several Hell and Shit words.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Maybe I've forgotten all the instances of Yuen Biao saying 'motherfucker' and the huge gun battle at the end :laugh

• Haha 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Saying that, I was equally surprised that Miracle Fighters was given a PG and it had one F word in it and several Hell and Shit words.

Interesting. I didn't remember it having that sort of tone, but still... I haven't seen it since the '80s!

I've got to pick this Blu-ray up one day.

1 hour ago, Knetan said:

Maybe I've forgotten all the instances of Yuen Biao saying 'motherfucker' and the huge gun battle at the end :laugh

My recollection was similar to what you posted earlier- that it was more family-friendly. But... oh yeah, there's that stuff too. :wink: CHAMPIONS is another one that I haven't seen in a long time.

It's a Hong Kong film so anything is possible. Somewhere else Raymond F recalled there might've been a scene where a character is set on fire in The Champions.

• Haha 1

Yggdrasil
3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Interesting. I didn't remember it having that sort of tone, but still... I haven't seen it since the '80s!

I've got to pick this Blu-ray up one day.

My recollection was similar to what you posted earlier- that it was more family-friendly. But... oh yeah, there's that stuff too. :wink: CHAMPIONS is another one that I haven't seen in a long time.

The 80's ! Oh man! I saw it for the first time when it was released over here in dvd, then bought the Chinese blu, which I then gave away when Eureka announced they were releasing it.

You've got to see it again. It's the best one of the lot.

lastninja

I recently stumbled across "Outlaw Brothers" again. What a great film.

Yukari steals the show with the split-kick at Vincent Lyn and Ken Goodman (I think). Look here at 4:45:

It occurred to me that Frankie Chan's films have been treated very poorly when it comes to HD releases. Besides "Burning Ambition" and "Outlaw Brothers", which are really top notch, "Fun and Fury" also comes to mind. And no, "Prodigal Son" is not one of them for me.

Any rumors about upcoming releases?

• Like 1