SB Picture Galleries for FREE

SadShawFan

SadShawFan

As of today, SBR (Shaw-Brothers-Reloaded.com) presents original CP/IVL Picture galleries FREE of charge for all the SB fans around. Please notice that each gallery will only be available 14 days! (Updates every forthnight!)

The first set are 21 images of the movie ID 184011 - "Disciples of the 36th Chamber"

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link:

http://www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SadShawFan

Well, if you have original materials, then you surely know that each photo is sized 5400+ x 3900+ pixels and has a volumne of between 6 and 12 MB (to produce lobbies, promo materials and print-outs).

To post those original sized stills (between 12 and 26 stills a set) would be a challenge for any webmaster, PC (downloads) and website (hosting). Besides CP and IVL would never condone nor appreciate the public display (as any posting of original and unmarked material would sadly play into the hands of the usual fare of bootleggers and such.)

So, after some quick discussions and deliberations and to meet some (really, really minor) demand by a few people as well as a show of good will, by blessing of the copyright owners it can be announced that future sets at SBR will be sized at 1800 pixel width and around 600-700 KB each, but this is definitely it. I think the overwhelming majority of fans and collectors are rather glad to get this rare stuff from the vaults of the respective companies at all (and without any markings, limitations or copy/paste preventations) and those few who want them "as HD etc. as possible" (PS: probably like you - hey aren't you the chap from Shawscope.com who wanted to peddle the former free accessible promo stuff from the IVL/CP servers for cash on Ebay?!?) just to use them for bootlegs or similar dubious reasons - well - bad luck my dear chaps! Be glad that for the first time they can be shown legit and that they are available at and for all!

So, after some quick discussions and deliberations and to meet some (really, really minor) demand by a few people as well as a show of good will, by blessing of the copyright owners it can be announced that future sets at SBR will be sized at 1800 pixel width and around 600-700 KB each, but this is definitely it.

The majority of us appreciate yours & SBR's efforts my friend.

We thank you for providing these pix and look forward to each of these sets

(PS: probably like you - hey aren't you the chap from Shawscope.com who wanted to peddle the former free accessible promo stuff from the IVL/CP servers for cash on Ebay?!?)

Haha. Nail on head!! :D

As I recall that eBay auction was quickly squashed.

SadShawFan,

Thank you. We appreciate you posting these. Teako170 summed up my additonal comments on the subject.

oldeschool17

(PS: probably like you - hey aren't you the chap from Shawscope.com who wanted to peddle the former free accessible promo stuff from the IVL/CP servers for cash on Ebay?!?) just to use them for bootlegs or similar dubious reasons - well - bad luck my dear chaps! Be glad that for the first time they can be shown legit and that they are available at and for all!

oh-snap.jpg

SadShawFan

Just a side note. Contrary to the premier announcement the sets on SBR will be shown on a weekly basis starting with early next week and each set will only be available for one week only. So please act quick and thanks for the thumbs up, folks!

SadShawFan

Just a side note. Contrary to the premier announcement now the sets on SBR will be shown on a weekly basis starting with early next week and each set will only be available for one week only. So please act quick and thanks for the thumbs up, folks!

SadShawFan

PPS: The next update will be this weekend...stay tuned for movie ID 172028....;O) (with new sizes!)

Monk Sante

Thanks for sharing! Your contributions to the genre are awesome, keep up the good work! :cool:

SadShawFan

Please use the last hours to get your fix in regards of movie stills from "Disciples of the 36th Chamber" at SBR today, as the first update is just around the corner and within the next 12 hours the current gallery will be deleted and never shown again.

Of course, 22 new stills of Celestial/IVL will be posted instead. Btw: The movie ID (for those who want to know which film it will be) is "174008"

On Friday the "Weekend Special Gallery" will be exchanged and replaced with new content (15 stills of movie ID "172007") so don't forget to view the current stills of "Men of Iron" quickly.

mistertpitydafoo

Anyone got the Disciples of 36th Chamber pics they can share? I was too late to get them.

Also, I was wondering, (of course I understand the main reason is the size of the pictures, too much bandwidth), but posting the full quality HD pictures wouldn't help bootleggers out too much because couldn't they just take their own screenshots of scenes from the pirated dvd they are selling. They can easily make their own covers I'm sure. Nonetheless the pics are better quality than most I've seen and I appreciate your hard work in posting them and providing a website for shaw fans to visit.

SadShawFan

If nobody got them for you in the meantime, perhaps the webmasters of SBR can help you.

contact addy:

info@shaw-brothers-reloaded.com

PS: Aside from the problem of hosting etc. the copyright owners CP and IVL do not allow a full display anyways!

mistertpitydafoo

Oh since thats the case then you don't want to tick the copyright holders off. I understand completely. Thanks for the help with the contact info.

it can be announced that future sets at SBR will be sized at 1800 pixel width and around 600-700 KB each

Hey Mah - just wondering if this was still the plan? The Monastery pix, while indeed larger, were all in the 100-250KB range. Thanks...

Btw, regarding the IVL servers...? Were these the actual sets or was other promo material showcased? I was wondering about what you had said about Celestial being concerned about bootleggers, using said material for their own purposes, but confused why CP/IVL would have initially released them in full size if such was a factor? Thanks again...

SadShawFan

Good questions, teako.

I have sent SBR the "new" stills in 1800 pixel width and at 600-700 KB each. Why they display it in some 200-250+ is beyond me and I will ask for sure.

In regard to your query about IVL/Celestial Pictures servers. At the beginning, Celestial allowed free access to the "big original sized" images and promo material, most of which was on a server for Getty Images HK and their company server, where you got a password and username from the staff to access it from all over the world. Later IVL provided access for press, fansites at al via their company server (same routine, you got a password and URL and off you went). But as some of those who were allowed to use it for informtion and promotion purposes only, they used it for other reasons (Shawscope, bootleggers etc.) So both companys stopped most of the access by providing only sized down images first and shutting off most former users completely later.

My wild guess is that they simply saw no harm first (somewhere around 2003/04) and became annoyed as people like Stiller66 & Co. used them for their bootleg releases.

But thanks to good personal relations to the former and current board of directors and management employees and not at least due to the excellent cooperation partner they finally found in the German-based SBR at least the fans can get some access to stuff that otherwise would never see the light of the day again.

But (of course) we have to abide by their respective regulations and as they (CP/IVL/Astro) are kind enough to let us have free access to "everything Shaw", we are thankful and glad and don't want to spoil our partnership. Hence we limit the displays, the time of display etc. Please understand that this is done to keep up good and proper relations between all parties involved.

Appreciate that info Mah.

The latest Water Margin pix displayed, on average, are about 340KB - one as low as 195KB. Don't get me wrong (not complaining) but if you're sending them to SBR at 600/700KB and they're watering them down, I just thought you might want to know.

Again, appreciate the efforts. Hopefully they'll start displaying them in the higher res.

oldeschool17
Good questions, teako.

I have sent SBR the "new" stills in 1800 pixel width and at 600-700 KB each. Why they display it in some 200-250+ is beyond me and I will ask for sure.

In regard to your query about IVL/Celestial Pictures servers. At the beginning, Celestial allowed free access to the "big original sized" images and promo material, most of which was on a server for Getty Images HK and their company server, where you got a password and username from the staff to access it from all over the world. Later IVL provided access for press, fansites at al via their company server (same routine, you got a password and URL and off you went). But as some of those who were allowed to use it for informtion and promotion purposes only, they used it for other reasons (Shawscope, bootleggers etc.) So both companys stopped most of the access by providing only sized down images first and shutting off most former users completely later.

My wild guess is that they simply saw no harm first (somewhere around 2003/04) and became annoyed as people like Stiller66 & Co. used them for their bootleg releases.

But thanks to good personal relations to the former and current board of directors and management employees and not at least due to the excellent cooperation partner they finally found in the German-based SBR at least the fans can get some access to stuff that otherwise would never see the light of the day again.

But (of course) we have to abide by their respective regulations and as they (CP/IVL/Astro) are kind enough to let us have free access to "everything Shaw", we are thankful and glad and don't want to spoil our partnership. Hence we limit the displays, the time of display etc. Please understand that this is done to keep up good and proper relations between all parties involved.

So Celestial/IVL cant stop bootleggers from bootlegging the actual vids but can stop them from obtaining high resolution production images? Gotcha.

i caught the last 2 sets. the reason they look like crap is because the dpi is 100 which is very low. watered down and pixelized.

My understanding - and someone please feel to correct me here as I'm no expert - is that DPI is strictly a printed resolution measurement.

IOW, an actual hard copy - not a screen image.

My Cybershot dig camera shoots everything at 72dpi whether I'm using 1MB or 7.2MB.

Images are crystal (on screen) but when I go to print, I have to up the DPI (usually 300 or above).

Now, PPI (pixels per inch) is a measurement of a screen image - but that's a whole other story.

SadShawFan

This Tuesday, the set of THE AVENGING EAGLE went online, Friday another set of a Liu Chia Liang movie will be available!

Archived