Fist from Shaolin (1993)- anyone seen it?

CrazyFrog

A mainland production about Wong Fei Hung and his involvement in stopping the slave trade of Chinese to Malaysia. I know it has Yao Gin Gwok aka Chiu Jian Guo from South Shaolin Master. Not widely available but was wondering if someone had seen it and could recommend.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Recommended, probably by most people on this board. It's kinda wire-fueeish, but the fights are good. On hkcinemagic it shows a picture of the villain and says it's Chiu Jian Guo. It doesn't look like Chiu Jian Guo, but he's a good villain nonetheless.

silver hermit

ita a poor man OUATIC but still enjoyable. Chiu Jian Guo is nothing even close to the character in SSM. more of a role reverse. a dvd come out in HK last year.

Yang Wu Liang

LOL, I was going to write 'a poor man's OUTIC' until I scrolled down and saw Silver Hermit's post! It's not a bad film but steer clear of the horrible 'new wave style' american dub, it's the reason I haven't watched it twice.

ironfistedmonk

Yeah that dub is terrible, especially for the buck toothed Ah So character (i think thats his name). Good action in this

i remember this being pretty decent

we should compile a list of lesser known new wave titles with good action

Archived