Need help: buying gifts for relatives and need specific recommends

CrazyFrog

I am buying some DVD's for my family in Samoa. A couple of them love kung fu movies and so I need to bring a few for them. He has some already (I bought him Knockabout and Eastern Condors already a few years ago) but would like to bring a few more.

Why specific? Well, for one thing my uncle loves kung fu but he is also a minister, so it can't be too OTT violent and definitely not have nudity or sexual situations in it. I suspect he might have some more of the classic movies, like 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Jackie's 80's stuff, so stuff off the slightly beaten path would be nice (but not too out there). I know he likes Sammo a lot; thinking of maybe Odd Couple but what else? Probably about 4 or 5 total is all I need.

What do you suggest?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venom10463

Actually, I think he has Magnificent Butcher as well. But I'll definitely consider Warriors Two -one of my faves- and maybe Prodigal Son. But like I said, he may or may not have some of these already, especially as they are some of Sammo's most well-known movies.

thundered mantis

Also the Liu Chia Liang movies do usually have the "kind approach", and are not too violent. No one uses to die, etc. He will surely like:

Heroes of the East (old genre-war theme ala Spencer Tracy K Hepburn)

Martial Club

Legendary Weapons of China

Archived