Info: Bruce Lee & The Chinese Gods(mid '70's animation)

Guest W Hong

Is there any other info about the mid 1970's animated movie called "Bruce Lee and the Chinese Gods"? I read that "BLatCG" was either a Taiwanese or HK movie, but I'm not sure which. If "BLatCG" was either from Taiwan or HK, then do you know who has the rights to the original Cantonese or Mandarin version on DVD?

I think that there might be a U.S. region 1 DVD, but that's probably dubbed in English.

Surprisingly, I think I almost had a chance of renting "BLatCG" on VHS tape in an L.A. Chinatown store. For some reason, I decided not to rent it.

Guest Dion Brother

STORY OF THE CHINESE GODS is the proper title. I've been told the CHinatown video version is uncut and includes gore cut from the G-rated US version. Would love to see it, as I quite like it despite the limited animation.

Guest the dirty tiger

Now, my mags are in England and i AM NOT, BUT i HAVE A lONDON fILM Festival magazine from many years ago when that animation was screened at the festival and it says that it was obtained from the BBC ( British Broadcasting Corporation ). I never managed to get a straight answer from them, but maybe it's sitting in their archives somewhere ;)

STORY OF THE CHINESE GODS is the proper title. I've been told the CHinatown video version is uncut and includes gore cut from the G-rated US version. Would love to see it, as I quite like it despite the limited animation.

I noticed that the Los Angeles Chinatown bookstore which is where I saw the "SotCG(AKA Bruce LaTCG)" video being available, has moved to a nearby city. I'll try to go to the new location again and ask if they still have that "BLatCG" VHS video to rent or buy.

So do any of you know if "SotCG" has been released in HK on DVD by now?

Cognoscente
On 10/14/2007 at 1:14 AM, Guest the dirty tiger said:

Now, my mags are in England and I AM NOT, BUT I HAVE A London film Festival magazine from many years ago when that animation was screened at the festival and it says that it was obtained from the BBC ( British Broadcasting Corporation ). I never managed to get a straight answer from them, but maybe it's sitting in their archives somewhere ;)

It's ironic that the BBC were willing to air the Monkey TV series but not The Story of Chinese Gods.

• Like 2

I have a DVD-R of this that a friend sent. It is pretty weird to hear classic 70s kung fu dubbed voices in a cartoon like this. Appropriate, but weird.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I have a DVD-R of this that a friend sent. It is pretty weird to hear classic 70s kung fu dubbed voices in a cartoon like this. Appropriate, but weird.

On the truly wretched dub for the Transformers: Headmasters anime, you can hear Rick Thomas (voice of The Snake in Five Venoms) as Galavatron!

• Like 2