Heroes of the East (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

oldeschool17

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love - this - film!

One of the few I saw on Black Belt Theater that I recall so vividly.

OS17 - how's the extras on this disc..?

heroes_set.jpg

...props to Carol.

Killer Meteor

Looks good!

Ive ordered one from HK FLIX who seem to have pre-street batch. I'll see how it goes...

I like the menus (rather intrusive font though) :). Most curious about the subtitles however. Will be a likely upgrade (from my IVL DVD and Warner VHS) if it's really good.

A trailer for the 'Shaolin Challenges Ninja' version is going on Ebay with another 3 Shaw movies. I did tell DD, but it's a shame they couldn't get a few months before hand :(.

Not my favourite movie during the first half (lots of tomfoolery), but a better presentation might improve it a little. An otherwise classic and respective display of Chinese/Japanese Martial Arts :).

Thanks Ol/Teako!

oldeschool17

Hey teako,

i literally just got it in the mail a few hrs ago but had to run out for some errands so i havent been able to view all of the disc. I'll report back soon and letcha know

OS17 - how's the extras on this disc..?

Chinatown Kid
Hey teako,

i literally just got it in the mail a few hrs ago but had to run out for some errands so i havent been able to view all of the disc. I'll report back soon and letcha know

Same here, mine just arrived in the mail today and I'm planning on watching it tonight. Hope the extras are good.

venom10463

I like the menu design, very nice. You guys are so lucky... I have to wait until release day to pick up my copy from wal mart.

I like the menu design, very nice. You guys are so lucky... I have to wait until release day to pick up copy from wal mart.

Guess I'll have to wait a lidl longer for us Brits:mad:.

oldeschool17
When and where did you guys order your copies?

hkflix this past tuesday or wednesday i think.

If anybody would like me to post up screens of subs, lemme know which scenes/subs you want me to capture and ill post them up

Thanks!

They haven't sorted the subtitle placement by putting them over half the bar and the picture (that example is for 2:35:1 movies).

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I sense a correction job. Whilst better than Celestial's offering, it's still not a retranslation to fix any missed jokes.

Were there any flubtitles (grammar errors, etc) and do you happen to have the IVL DVD to compare :)?

The subs in that screen cap are slightly different than the IVL dvd... I hope that's a good sign!

oldeschool17

I just watched the bey logan tribute to LKL which i thought was good. He talked about LKL, Gordon Liu, Kurata, and the different martial arts represented in Heroes of the East.

Chen if you can, run your IVL copy against my DD caps.. I have a feeling the subs are identical other than placement and maybe the timing. Click on each individual thumbnail for bigger image:

th_79338_DD-0_122_653lo.jpgth_79339_DD-1_122_1134lo.jpgth_79344_DD-2_122_561lo.jpgth_79346_DD-3_122_242lo.jpg

th_79681_DD-4_122_1138lo.jpgth_79682_DD-5_122_816lo.jpg

Thanks!

They haven't sorted the subtitle placement by putting them over half the bar and the picture (that example is for 2:35:1 movies).

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I sense a correction job. Whilst better than Celestial's offering, it's still not a retranslation to fix any missed jokes.

Were there any flubtitles (grammar errors, etc) and do you happen to have the IVL DVD to compare :)?

Morgoth Bauglir

Shame it doesn't have an interview with LKL. I would double dip if it did. Hopefully they get at least 1 interview with him in the future.

thehangman

My Fave Gordon Liu film.

I dont think LKL wanted to be interviewed on film i read somewhere,which is a shame.

I donno if the "Condemned" sentence has correct grammar or punctuation - suggesting a slightly sub-par correction job.

However, I got rid of my IVL (can't remember how lol) and would appreciate comparison captures if anyone's got time please just to see how much of an improvement :).

Looks like it's probably officially the 27th now :D!

oldeschool17

Did dragon dynasty ever say they were gonna re-translate subs? I could have sworn the subs from the previous titles were either dubtitles or the exact same IVL ones.

Did dragon dynasty ever say they were gonna re-translate subs? I could have sworn the subs from the previous titles were either dubtitles or the exact same IVL ones.

They certainly appeared to be the same - a massive letdown.

LKL wanted a massive amount for interview - his health might not be upto doing one either.

Anyway, I think my favourite scene is likely the final one with all the Masters and Ho To together :).

I think these are a cleaned up version of the subs. If the grammer is okay, then they leave it alone or slightly reword things to make them sound better. "She was ugly as a child" on the IVL version was "She was ugly as a kid." The "condemned" line reads fine to me. There could have been a comma after "long ago", but it makes perfect sense, unlike alot of the subs from the 36th chamber DVD.

"She was ugly as a child" on the IVL version was "She was ugly as a kid." The "condemned" line reads fine to me.

Sure it's not the other way round;)?

Archived