Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight (1973) (Warning: Some Content NSFW)

daisho2004

daisho2004

Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight

JFYI This is movie has gotten a legit release: DVD Release Date: May 20, 2008

Japanese cult movie guru Teruo Ishii (HORROR OF MALFORMED MEN; BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE) directs this deranged, over-the-top adaptation from the original manga by Kazuo Koike (creator of LONE WOLF AND CUB, LADY SNOWBLOOD and RAZOR HANZO) about a privileged samurai gang in charge of recruiting women for prostitution in old Edo's pleasure quarter. It's a perfect match for unapologetically decadent, phantasmagorical, softcore sex and bloody, sword-swinging sadism. Fascinating, brilliant and amoral, a tour through an ancient subculture obsessed with cruel, violent death and cruel, violent sex. Tetsuro Tanba (ZERO WOMAN: RED HANDCUFFS, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE) is a standout as the hardboiled mercenary swordsman caught in the middle between the sex slave business, the corrupt Shogunate and rival gangs. When he goes into action, blood sprays, and heads and limbs fly!

5161vee8QcL._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisho2004

I think that I got this movie from CK awhile ago I have to check if its the same movie, than I can give a review of it.

I'm all for phantasmagorical, softcore sex and blood:D I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the Hanzo movies, but this looks interesting, and it has Tetsuro Tanba.

My scientific and scholarly review of this is as follows: it's ****ing awesome, tons of titties and heads fly left and right. The Hanzo movies are a poor comparison I think, this is more along the lines of an intersection between Female Yakuza Tale and Shogun Assassin. I do mean specifically SA, not Lone Wolf & Cub, because this movie has absolutely no concern for drama or character development, only blood geysers. It's exactly what I expected and hoped for - a phantasmagorical blood bath with nearly nonstop nudity.

One Armed Boxer

Watched this for the first time last night....great movie!!! Everything an exploitation movie should be, 80 minutes of sex, swords, and zero filler. Wish I could find more movies like this one.

It's been a good time for Japanese cult films lately, along with this we've also had the likes of the Machine Girl, Horrors Of Malformed Men, Girl Boss Revenge, & the Rica series.

vengeance: It has gotten a legit release already and if you use the promo code you can also get a 20% off from DeepDiscount.com

I recently rewatched this for the first time in about 10 years... and yes, an absolute masterpiece of the genre! Visually amazing, full of cool fights, and terrific pace. Tamba is a real stand out as well. The screenplay must have been exceptional as it comes with badass dialogue, an entertaining cut-to-the-bone plot, and not a single dead moment in 81 minutes. In comparison, many other pinky violence films suffer from storylines that drag in places or feature "drama" that no one could care less about (e.g. the otherwise terrific Sex & Fury). This was exactly the kind of material director Teruo Ishii excelled with.

The Discotek DVD features the exact same transfer as Toei, but has loads of great extras Toei lacks.

Discotek

bod1b.png

Toei

bot1b.png

Discotek

bod4b.png

Toei

bo4tb.png

Yuriko Hishimi on working at Toei
image34.jpg

Archived