Dragon Lord (1982)

thehangman

Just compared the HKL to the Joy Sales Taiwan version. Had nothing better to do so I had them both playing on each TV side by side.

HKL cuts

-JC and Mars fighting over the girl in town (20secs)

-The chase in the grass that interrupts JC and Mars hunting (5secs)

-Gearing up for rugby and sings "team" song (55secs)

-Rugby part (2min50secs)

-Shuttlecock game (3min50secs)

-Shorter intro and different music pre- courtyard training scene (5secs)

-Poetry scene (3min30secs)

-Jackie sneaking back with medicine (5secs)

-Villain argument in warehouse (20secs)

-Shorter end fight (5-10secs)

-Early dark scene with one villain disagreeing on what to do with the stolen antiques (1min30secs)

-A scene when the lead villain is sending people after the "disagreeing" villain later on (30secs)

-Jackie sneaks on rooftop to get letter back (30secs) A few seconds where he is trying to get rope down from roof and the rest are around the awkward moments when he is leaving the place and the escaped villain is stealing antiques in the background

-A scene with Jackie, his dad and the matchmaker (45secs)

Taiwan version cuts

-A scene where the "disagreeing" villain gets framed, fights and escapes (2min30secs)

-The scene outside of the "pretty" girl's home (2min)

-The cannon scene in the end (2min50secs)

-A shot of a hole in the roof after JC and Mars fires of the gun (1sec)

I have not accounted for the PAL/NTSC speed differences. And im sorry for the poor explanations of the characters, I always have a hard time remembering names like that.

Really great info! I much prefer the Taiwanese cut. Joysales did a great job with that DVD.

Can you give rough times of when these scenes occur on the HKL DVD please?

-A scene where the "disagreeing" villain gets framed, fights and escapes (2min30secs)

Thanks!!! :)

My DVD player is a Sony from 2005. It's better on layer changes then my previous player, but I don't know why the crummy no-name DVD player my sister has doesn't show layer changes, but my big name one does.

Well, dual layer discs aren't so pricey these days; I guess you could try it and see what happens. I unilaterally recommend Oppo players; they're the exact opposite of cheap, but do you ever get what you pay for! AFAIK they're still the industry standard for quality and customer service.

Really great info! I much prefer the Taiwanese cut. Joysales did a great job with that DVD.

Can you give rough times of when these scenes occur on the HKL DVD please?

Thanks!!! :)

They occur at 32:19 and 38:20.

I think both cuts have their great exclusive bits, I really wish they were both squeezed into one.