My Boss, My Hero (2001)

AlbertV

Has anyone seen this comedy??? It's about a tough gangster who learns that he may be able to take over the area of Myeongdong...but there's one little catch. He has to go get his high school diploma. Disguised as a 19-year old at a private school, all hell breaks loose but he learns the school is funded by a rival gang.

Jeong Jun-Ho is excellent as lead character Kye Du-Shik, the high school "gangster". He always beats around his lackey Head (Jeong Un-Taek) because he is always an idiot and coming up with stupid comments.

His #1 guy, Sang-Du (Jung Woon-In) uses Korean wooden sword techniques and acts as Du-Shik's "uncle" as he falls for one of his boss's teachers.

There are some nice martial arts fights in the film, especially where Du-Shik takes on a group of students from another school and he lets out some nice TKD skills and in the end, when the gangs take each other on, fighter vs. fighter.

A fun film...I think this week, I may write a full review of the film here :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah thats a good one. followed by 2 sequels- "my boss my student" (2006) and "the mafia the salesman" (2007); both diverting fun but not on par with the original.

I havent seen the korean movies but i've the Japanese TV show of it, and it was damn good in my opinion, although the very last bit of ending wasnt as good as i suppose they wanted to leave it open for a possible sequel which i doubt will come even though it had such high ratings in Japan

Archived