Come Drink With Me (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

bobo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've yet to receive my copy but i'm confused as to why a new dub. i had always heard that there was an original english dub version. it always showed up on all the old known english dub list--even the ones on this forum and i'm pretty sure some people had claimed to have seen it with dubs.

i've yet to receive my copy but i'm confused as to why a new dub. i had always heard that there was an original english dub version. it always showed up on all the old known english dub list--even the ones on this forum and i'm pretty sure some people had claimed to have seen it with dubs.

Most likely it was damaged beyond repair.

David Rees

Maybe, but i doubt it.

If you look at the Shaw documentary about swordplay movies there is a clip from 14 Amazons and it has the English dub and i think this film is even older than Come Drink With Me (i might be wrong).

CHEAP HONG KONG LEGENDS DVDS HERE!

Guest Markgway
Maybe, but i doubt it.

If you look at the Shaw documentary about swordplay movies there is a clip from 14 Amazons and it has the English dub and i think this film is even older than Come Drink With Me (i might be wrong).

Come Drink With Me = 1966

The 14 Amazons = 1972

lets just say celestial's dub version was badly damaged---so does anyone here know of a fanatical collector that might have a copy? afterall theres a lot of hardcore collectors out there that won't share their stuff--ie (english dub of HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL)

Maybe, but i doubt it.

Seen it but the year of production has nothing to do with whether a film, or even the films soundtrack is damaged. I'm only speculating that was the problem but it's a logical assumption nonetheless.

David Rees

wow, i thought 14 Amazons was earlier than 1972.:eek:

Not bothered about dubs myself but im sure some fans prefer them.

I know UK Gold tv channel showed a series of films with English dubs, including Vengeance which is around 1970 i think, so im sure most of the dubs do exist.

Well the only reason I'd see buying this is for the special features because if your like me and wanted a classic dub you won't find it here and I don't even own it. I just know that any new english dub that I've ever heard is horrible. Except some of the Anemigo releases that I have seen. Even the Tokyo Shock release of "The Master" has only a new english dub. Pretty lame!!

Morgoth Bauglir
Well the only reason I'd see buying this is for the special features because if your like me and wanted a classic dub you won't find it here and I don't even own it. I just know that any new english dub that I've ever heard is horrible. Except some of the Anemigo releases that I have seen. Even the Tokyo Shock release of "The Master" has only a new english dub. Pretty lame!!

The Master has the original English dub. I can't say it's a great dub, but I like it.

Morgoth Bauglir

Listening to the commentary right now. Pei Pei's english sounds pretty rough, but I'm able to understand most of what she says. Great commentary. This isn't one of those commentaries with an actor who barely remembers making the movie. Pei Pei knows this movie and the actors really well.

The Master has the original English dub. I can't say it's a great dub, but I like it.

Oh no way. I read on HKflix that it has new english audio. Thats all it says. Well thats good news anyways.

oldeschool17
Oh no way. I read on HKflix that it has new english audio. Thats all it says. Well thats good news anyways.

Hkflix is known to make mistakes on their listings often.

Hey....Find A new name plz:mad:

Since you were here first, however not even a month longer than me, I will find another name :( No prb!

Morgoth Bauglir

There is a new English 5.1 mix, so maybe that is what they were referring to. But there's also the original English mono track.

There is a new English 5.1 mix, so maybe that is what they were referring to. But there's also the original English mono track.

Right on ya. I bet thats it. Tks!

The Running Man

No, it clearly is listed on the site as a "new dub" on both English track listings. It's a blatant error.

People really shouldn't be looking at HKflix for info anyway.

The audio commentary with Cheng Pei Pei was very interesting and informative. She really does remember very well working on this movie with all the other actors, actresses, sets and locations. She corrected Bey Logan many times on points he thought were correct. The interviews were good and overall it's a excellent dvd release for a classic movie.

Guest WuxiaFan

I've never found any errors or inaccuracies on HKFlix's site and I've bought hundred's of DVDs from them. I think they're one of the best sites on the web. I've double checked and verified their information and found them to be accurate. When they're wrong, they've corrected themselves.

I have both the Deltamac-Taiwan (IVL) and the DD version. I like the subs better on the IVL (other the re-flasing) than the DD--they make a lot more sense, especially referring to Cheng Pei Pei as "Golden Swallow" as opposed to "Gold Swallow". The audio commentary is MUCH better on the DD version--the IVL version has Cheng Pei Pei's daughter with her annoying laugh throughout it. Bey Logan's own commentary on the film is much better on the DD version. However, on the IVL version, another film critic gives a very interesting perspective on the film from someone not necessarily a martial arts fan, but more of a King Hu fan. I like the interview with Cheng Pei Pei better on the IVL version than the DD version. So, the DD version is not the be-all, end-all verison of CDWM. It's worth owning both versions.

The Running Man
I've never found any errors or inaccuracies on HKFlix's site and I've bought hundred's of DVDs from them.

How can you say that when to this very day, they still list Media Blaster's "The Master" has having a new dub instead of the old one? Look. And , they have yet to correct it.

To top it off, they list it under the alternate title even though that's not title being used by Media Blasters, which would make it difficult for anyone trying to find it. I couldn't find it myself typing "The Master" in the search box. It was by chance that I found it just by skimming around other titles and then it had a suggestions space on the bottom where it appeared.

Guest WuxiaFan

Have you told them of the error? Everytime I've emailed them, they have answered my question or resolved my problem. That's just my experience with them.

They list a lot of titles under AKA names, so what. They list RIGHTING WRONGS even though the DD version titles it ABOVE THE LAW. They list FIST OF FURY instead of CHINESE CONNECTION, as they should. THE MASTER is the English translated HK tilte, while THREE EVIL MASTERS is the US title. I don't get that hung up on it.

Archived