Come Drink With Me (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

bobo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Running Man

That would be cool, but the thing is her voice doesn't sound anything like a young teenager/young adult anymore. So it wouldn't work.

Killer Meteor

I thought it was odd when Elli Wallach dubbed in new lines for the reissue of Good, The BAd And The Ugly - some 35-40

years later!

Guest Markgway

Tenuously related - but the other night I sampled the new English dub on HKL's CITY ON FIRE and wondered why the film had been turned into a mockney gangster caper? It was laughably bad. The General Screen Enterprises 80s dubs were the best IMO.

Killer Meteor
Tenuously related - but the other night I sampled the new English dub on HKL's CITY ON FIRE and wondered why the film had been turned into a mockney gangster caper? It was laughably bad. The General Screen Enterprises 80s dubs were the best IMO.

Ah, the same guys who do the Premier Asia ones?

Ever notice US fans prefer the English (UK accented dubs) and UK fans prefer the more American accented dubs?

Then again, a lot of the accents in kung fu films are indescribable!!!!

The Running Man
Tenuously related - but the other night I sampled the new English dub on HKL's CITY ON FIRE and wondered why the film had been turned into a mockney gangster caper? It was laughably bad.

The HKL DVD of City on Fire isn't unique on that. That's the group that Brian White used to do dubs for films that had no dubs available for both HKL and PA. They had British accents because it was made in England.

Ever notice US fans prefer the English (UK accented dubs) and UK fans prefer the more American accented dubs?

Well, I don't know about that but the grand majority of those old English dubs were made by mostly British people living in Hong Kong anyway.

Killer Meteor
The HKL DVD of City on Fire isn't unique on that. That's the group that Brian White used to do dubs for films that had no dubs available for both HKL and PA. They had British accents because it was made in England.

QUOTE]

Those dubs are so rotten I'm ashamed to be English. I find them ear-splittingly awwful!

Guest Markgway

RP English would be more acceptable than bloody mockney!

Imagine Chow Yun Fat sounding like Jason Statham!

Morgoth Bauglir

I got Come Drink With Me today. Can't wait to see it. It looks like it's gonna take awhile to watch all the special features. Kinda sad to see they didn't put a bunch of trailers on here like the first 4 releases, but I can't really complain. There's more than enough special features included.

oldeschool17

are the trailers not in the beginning of the dvd before you get to the main menu(this is what they did with Heroes of the East).

Chinatown Kid

Did you order your's from Amazon too Morgoth? I still haven't gotten mine yet.:mad:

Morgoth Bauglir
are the trailers not in the beginning of the dvd before you get to the main menu(this is what they did with Heroes of the East).

Sorry, I should have been clear. I was talking about the original SB trailers that were included on the first 4 releases. Each release had a bunch of different original and non-original SB trailers.

C-town Kid I got it at Suncoast.

oldeschool17
C-town Kid I got it at Suncoast.

Ah, we don't have any Suncoast's in my town but they probably have them at Best Buy or Circuit City. Guess I would have got it quicker if I just bought it at the store.:rolleyes:

Morgoth Bauglir
Hows the movie morgoth?

How shi++y is the new english dub?

I'll let you know in a coupe hours from now.

Morgoth Bauglir

After listening to the first line of dialogue on the English dub, I will never listen to it again. I would kill myself first.

oldeschool17
After listening to the first line of dialogue on the English dub, I will never listen to it again. I would kill myself first.

lol. subs it is then.

Morgoth Bauglir

I just got done watching the awesome 17 minute interview with Yueh Hua, and I wasn't expecting him to speak English. Very cool.

I just got done watching the awesome 17 minute interview with Yueh Hua, and I wasn't expecting him to speak English. Very cool.

I think Yueh Hua now lives in Canada (along with David Chiang, Nora Miao and many other former HK stars).

Archived