Come Drink With Me (DVD - Dragon Dynasty)

bobo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vonhumboldtfleisher

They have that image over at Amazon: HERE.

It's a really nice cover, I think, but I can't think of a single reason to get this since I already have the IVL. Will this even have the Bey Logan commentary, or will it have more incompetent mumbling by those usual guys?

vonhumboldtfleisher

I normalised the audio on the IVL commentary with Goldwave and remuxed it. Now it's fine.

That HUMAN LANTERNS cover looks like one of those fan-made covers they used to have over at shaolinchamber.com. Only not as good.

I am surprised they used this shot of Pei-pei for the cover. It's not a triumphant shot and if my memory is correct, it's after she was wounded in the movie with her hair in disarray.

vonhumboldtfleisher
I think she looks hot as hell!

I think she looks pissed off, badass, and ready to whale on some Tiger Gang ass.

(And hot.)

What's the scoop on the Human Lanterns release? Anyone have any idea what will be missing this time?

Personally I really like the Come Drink With Me cover.

Chinatown Kid

I normally am not a fan of Wuxia but since Come Drink With Me is such a highly influential and respected film I've decided to pre-order it. Cheng Pei Pei is so cute it's hard to resist, and Mark Pollard stated in his review on this site that you need to see this film if you consider yourself a fan of the genre.

Chinatown Kid

I'll probably get the sequel Golden Swallow after I watch Come Drink With Me, I read Cheng has to set on the sidelines for the most part and let Jimmy and the rest of the men take center stage in the sequel. That's not surprising since Chang Cheh directed it.:D

I'll probably get the sequel Golden Swallow after I watch Come Drink With Me, I read Cheng has to set on the sidelines for the most part and let Jimmy and the rest of the men take center stage in the sequel. That's not surprising since Chang Cheh directed it.:D

Yeah, same for FLYING DAGGER (1968). The opening sets her up as the main character (in a brilliant and violent, bloody rape/murder shot in B/W then reverts to color) but Lo Lieh takes center stage afterwards.

You never seen Come Drink with Me CK???! On man what a great oldschool movie, post what you think of it. The cover makes it look to much like a new movie though I do like the shot of Pei Pei, it's the photoshopped backround I'm not digging. The Human Lanterns cover looks good, has our main man Lo Meng out there, and that's never a bad thing.

Chinatown Kid

Sure haven't Tosh but I'm definately looking forward to seeing it. I'll post what I think after I watch it.:)

oldeschool17

It pretty much looks like the momentum version. The red background is

slightly different.

Human Lanterns

IVL runtime:91 mins.

Momentum runtime:94 mins.

Image runtime: 95 mins.

I dunno, i doubt its replaced any lost footage.

It pretty much looks like the momentum version. The red background is

slightly different.

Human Lanterns

IVL runtime:91 mins.

Momentum runtime:94 mins.

Image runtime: 95 mins.

I dunno, i doubt its replaced any lost footage.

I never bought the Momentum disc so it will at least be nice to see those additional scenes here.

venom10463

Looks like DD will have a new dubbed track for CDWM. Does anyone know if an original eng dub exist?

Even though it's a new dubbed, the picture quality, anamorphic widescreen and the extras are worth the buy.

Archived