Bronson Lee, Champion on netlix insta-watch

Guest morgoth

Guest kungfusamurai

Does he talk in the instructional video?

After watching those Karate movies, I get the impression that he's a bit of a clown. Not in a bad way, I mean, it was impressive to see him cut that watermelon in half on the guy's belly blindfolded. But, you know, a guy who can do comedy without feeling self conscious. Chiba wasn't really a guy who did good comedy, even though he did some light hearted moments in the Shadow Warriors series.

KFS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dion Brother

Yes, he did all the talking. And seemed aware how thick his accent was.

"Yamashita technique is relaxidation and concendwation."

I wish I still had it. His hands are fast. Obvious how wasted he was in THE OCTAGON.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah Yamashita's kicks don't look to hot but from some of the clips I've seen he does have some extremely fast hands, he's pretty good with those Kama sickles too. I wonder what style of Karate Kurata studied? He is an extremely good kicker that can hang with some of the best like Bruce Liang.

Guest morgoth

Definitely one of the best kickers. I love that one kick he does in the kids fight in Legend of a Fighter (the one where he jumps in the air with leg fully extended upwards). I love all of his kicks! The guy is amazing.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Have you seen Call Me Dragon? If you haven't seen it man you need to check it out, Bruce Liang and Kurata go at it in a great finale dishing out some awesome kicks! ;)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Just watched Bronson Lee tonight and have to say I wasn't impressed. Compared to Yamashita, Sonny Chiba looks like Bruce Lee! The choreography was very stiff and bad but the dubbing was rather amusing in a cheesy way. Morgoth, just wanted to let you know the pic quality wasn't to hot on this VHS, it was a former rental and looked blurry at times but I expected as much sense it only cost 1 cent. The freaking shipping and handling was more than the item! :b

Guest morgoth

hmmm, well that brings it back to my original question, I wonder what DVD version I saw on netflix insta-watch, because it is crystal on there. And I knew you would like the dubbing:D

I liked Yamashita in American Ninja as the "Black Star Ninja". I don't remember seeing Bronson Lee, Champion. Will probably check it out in the near future after me move to Florida in 2 weeks.

I have Call Me Dragon...Bruce Leung and Yasuaki Kurata are top notch in the finale.

I think if I remember right, Kurata studied Shorin-Ryu Karate. He had it mentioned on an old version of his official website: http://www.kurata-pro.com

Click English at the top right corner for the English translation of the site. He even has an English name: David Kurata.

Hello! Can anybody share Bronson Lee? In russian you can't even find a screenshot :(:(:( I can share some interesting russian karate-movies...Need help :(

i've heard that the karate/bronson lee series was heavily cut in all western releases, similar to Sister Streetfighter and Dragon Princess. is this true? is the uncut version available anywhere if it is?

• Administrator
i've heard that the karate/bronson lee series was heavily cut in all western releases, similar to Sister Streetfighter and Dragon Princess. is this true? is the uncut version available anywhere if it is?

Hey, it only took 4 years and two months to get a reply to your question Alex! :smile:

As far as I remember, plus after discussing this question with fellow fan Wigsplitta, there are only two brief scenes missing from THE KARATE in it's English dubbed release BRONSON LEE, CHAMPION. These scenes are completely intact in Jamal's release of the film, which uses the uncut Japanese print but has had the English dub added (except on the two brief scenes mentioned, where the audio reverts to Japanese for a few lines).

To my knowledge, the two sequels- THE KARATE 2 and THE KARATE 3 were never released outside of Japan, so there aren't any dubbed versions. But these two films have just been professionally translated and custom subtitled by one of our own here on the forum! :nerd: Both of them are uncut, letterboxed, and very nice prints. We aren't allowed to do fundraisers anymore, so if you are interested in getting these, send me a PM. :wink:

BTW- I just tried to do the Netflix thing to check out the print quality, but they are no longer offering this title. :sad:

• Administrator

Okay, upon checking, I was shocked to find that in the US English dubbed print, a shitload of good stuff was missing/edited out of the uncut Japanese print! Lots of stuff throughout.

For those looking to see it, here's the rundown:

The FLK version uses the CUT US English dubbed version and is only slightly letterboxed (cropping on each side is severe), fuzzy, and looks like a VHS source was used.

The version by Jamal is totally UNCUT. It is letterboxed, but the image is a bit compressed horizontally. If your machine can adjust this, you do have about 90-95% of the full image. The English dub was added to this print, so ocassionally there will be a line of two of dialogue that is spoken in Japanese without subtitles. But of the 5 extra minutes that this version has, almost all of it is fight action! :nerd:

Help request time! :wink:

After waiting a couple of years hoping this film would get a remastered DVD/Blu Ray release, i've given up hope and so I would like to ask for help in getting this from one of the following sources:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bronson-lee-champion/id305958526

http://www.amazon.com/Bronson-Lee-Champion/dp/B004VGQYMW

Seeing as I live in the UK, it's proven tricky for me to view, let alone get a copy that I can reguarly watch. And as Bob mentioned earlier, it's been removed from the Netflix catalogue.

So, to sum up what I am requiring:

i - Member from the USA with an itunes/amazon/xbox/PS3 account

iii - "Bits and pieces" that I will go into more detail via PM

I will cover the cost of the rental/purchase of the film (HD Version), along with any other expenses incurred.

Please PM me if you think you might be able to help.

Lastly, just in case you're wondering why i'd like to see this HD print so much, check out some screen caps below compared with the current best version available. :bigsmile:

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5649

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5650

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5651

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5652

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5653

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5654

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5655

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5656

picture.php?albumid=242&pictureid=5657

Archived