Shootfighter: Fight To The Death (1993)

GungFuFighter

GungFuFighter

Ah, this movie is quite the little gem.

It makes Bloodsport look like an oscar winner. :D:eek:

I watched this when I was little, but I caught it late on TV last night. This movie is pretty ridiculous, but it's so entertaining.

Bolo Yeung plays Shingo who is the World Shootfighting Champ. A bad guy named Mr. Lee tricks Shingo's 2 students, Nick and Ruben into a NHB to the death Shootfighting match.

Like I said, it is quite entertaining. Acting is bad, even for this type of movie. But the action is fun, and Bolo is awesome as always. One scene that sticks out in my head is when a big black fighter named Buck fights a small, skinny white fighter named Boa. Hilarious, but cool fight scene ending with Buck literally ripping Boa's heart out.

They made a sequel though I can't remember it too much.

My suggestion is to see the Unrated Version. I bought the VHS from E-Bay a few years ago for only $1.00 and it was the Unrated Version. The violence is more graphic in the fight scenes.

Pat Johnson is credited as the fight choreographer, but the producers didn't like how it came out and they were re-shot with choreography by John Barrett, who played Mongoose in the film. Barrett is actually a pretty good MA choreographer. His best work was both here and in American Kickboxer.

GungFuFighter
My suggestion is to see the Unrated Version. I bought the VHS from E-Bay a few years ago for only $1.00 and it was the Unrated Version. The violence is more graphic in the fight scenes.

Pat Johnson is credited as the fight choreographer, but the producers didn't like how it came out and they were re-shot with choreography by John Barrett, who played Mongoose in the film. Barrett is actually a pretty good MA choreographer. His best work was both here and in American Kickboxer.

Oh my American Kickboxer lol.

But man, Shootfighter is a fun movie, I wish I could find it on DVD.

yea boa was played by jon agro who's a talented fighter and a movie stuntman and buck was played by steve 'buck' buckingham a famous back street fighter and bodygaurd

i enjoyed this movie i got the first and second one on VHS

hakim alston looked nice in this movie as the champion

Hey everyone,

I had an account here a long time ago. I'm currently working on youtube videos reviewing martial arts movies, with plans to cover other media as well. My first upload does not cover a Hong Kong film, although I have plans for several. I hope you enjoy this brief look at the 1993 sort-of Karate Kid reunion - plus Bolo! - Shootfighter: Fight to the Death.

• Like 3