Various obscure kung fu flicks on DVD

venoms5

Morgoth Bauglir

I was a bit disappointed with Chang Yi in Killer From Above, but Carter and Lo Lieh made up for it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a bit disappointed with Chang Yi in Killer From Above, but Carter and Lo Lieh made up for it.

This was Lo Lieh's show from the start. One of his best movies, IMO. I know you're a fan of Chang Yi but were you expecting him to have a bigger role here?

Morgoth Bauglir

I was disappointed with Chang Yi because I thought his fights were really weak. I didn't think his acting was too good either. And I am a big fan of Chang Yi, but I just didn't like him much in this movie. Lo LIeh was good, but Carter Wong is the one who stood out to me. I like him a hell of a lot as a good guy, but even more as a villain. And I also thought Cliff Lok was good. That first fight he has is awesome. I've never seen him throw combinations like that before.

Lo LIeh was good, but Carter Wong is the one who stood out to me.

:S

Carter Wong was fine (as most of the time he's a good sign the movie will be terrible) but this was Lo Lieh's showcase through and through. Easily one of his best movies for me anyways. Wong was playing an extension of his BORN INVINCIBLE role sans the white hair and high pitched voice. He was good, and again, he didn't sabotage the movie but Lo Lieh kept this ship on course, IMO.

Morgoth Bauglir

I assume the smilie face means you are confused with me liking Carter Wong more than Lo Lieh in Killer From Above? I thought he did a good acting job and looked extremely evil, and I liked his fights a lot too. I don't know how I can further explain myself.

I assume the smilie face means you are confused with me liking Carter Wong more than Lo Lieh in Killer From Above? I thought he did a good acting job and looked extremely evil, and I liked his fights a lot too. I don't know how I can further explain myself.

Yes. He was fine, no doubt, but Lo Lieh was awesome and more memorable for me than Carter Wong whom I've never cared for at all save for BORN INVINCIBLE and BIG TROUBLE...and now this film. But even still, he does nothing to impress me over Lo Lieh who has charisma in spades compared with Carter Wong who isn't half the actor Lo is. Just my opinion, Morgoth. Don't get upset with me. It's obvious we have a Siskel & Ebert moment here. ;)

Morgoth Bauglir

OK I thought you were confused or something. Like I said Lo Lieh was good but Carter Wong stood out to me more. And I'm sure it makes a difference that you like Carter in 3 movies and I like him in pretty much every movie I've ever seen him in.

Archived