The Master (Updated with Screencaps)

oldeschool17

oldeschool17
Tonight I have dinner at a coworkers (then a movie) and then a baseball game tomorrow night. Probably OT on Thur since I did not work late this week.

I will not be getting to it soon.

Thats cool man. :cool:

Killer Meteor

Could be

Cestial and Fortune Star frequently send out bad materials to distributors and sometimes it is too late to delay the discs

That is sad news, mine has already been shipped out... Think this is something that Tokyo shock (media blasters) will fix or let people send back for a replacement? Someone should email them and see whats up.

MB has been notorious in the past for having terrible QC. Numerous titles have had various problems. One of their movies even got sent out with a 2 minute section where the audio was completely out of sync...badly. There was no replacement disc. I assumed these problems were done and over with but it seems not.

oldeschool17
That is sad news, mine has already been shipped out... Think this is something that Tokyo shock (media blasters) will fix or let people send back for a replacement? Someone should email them and see whats up.

yeah good luck with that. their ph# goes straight to fax. they never answer their email. there probably is one person on this forum that has contact with them but i highly doubt he would give that up. consider everyone ****ed in that regard. your best bet is to take it back to where you got it from for a refund.

I had the contact info of the two reps from the Lo Mang Expo but I have since lost it. Found this though...

Company Info for media-blasters.com:

John Sirabella

235 E 87th St, Apt 5K

New York, NY

US

Phone: +1 212 532 1688

jsirabella [at] yahoo.com

mr HKmovie

The DVD is non anamorphic! It says "Letterbox Format" on the back of the DVD case. Once again the fans get screwed, and I wasted my money purchasing this release. It is a disgrace for this to happen in the year 2008! Changing the settings on your Widescreen TV will not make a non anamorphic DVD into an anamorphic DVD! The stretched out picture will look nothing like an anamorphic release.

In their defence, I don't think Celestial ever created an anamorphic master.

However, what is annoying is the incorrect flagging which can be fixed. How many more examples is it gonna take for people to get that they don't seem to check stuff or even bother to provide an address that doesn't return postmaaster or a reply? I can excuse certain things for legit reasons, but I don't forgive laziness.

Siren might be a better option image wise as PAL's easier to de-interlace. Other than that, Cantonese/English mono with subtitles brushed up in translation and extras can dominate the comparison. I've got my IVL and although I'm not a cheap bastard, I'll need convincing if it's worth the upgrade as there isn't much.

I've tried about 7 addresses and PMed John at the Anime forum.

tylerpistol

I guess they didn't have an HD master to work with. Hopefully they do for the other titles they picked up.

is anamorphic. I'm watching it at the moment. If it was "made" anamorphic from a non anamorphic master I can't say.

Killer Meteor

Sheesh, ANOTHER disapointment

This is 2008. 4:3 tvs barely exist anymore in stores. When will dvd distributors learn the importance of anamorphic transfers. Its just money wasted by them

When will dvd distributors learn the importance of anamorphic transfers. Its just money wasted by them

They can't make it anamorphic if it doesn't exist.

Interesting that 3 languages are there (?), but I hope they've been translating from the Cantonese in accordance with Linn's instruction?

I'm not gonna say much until someone can upload captures and confirm what it is. I wonder if the opening credit sequence is there.

mistertpitydafoo

I compared the Heroes Two and The Master box's information on the back and Heroes Two at the bottom box where it lists the dvds specs it says 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and The Master says 2.35:1 Letterbox Format. So as to wondering if it was a mistake or if the dvd was delayed because of fixing the problem, it appears it is official and not an error. I wish all of IVL's releases had Slates like these ones do, I always hate when they show them reading something and you know it's important to read what it says but the subs don't tell you, so far Media Blaster's releases have fixed that problem.

I wish all of IVL's releases had Slates like these ones do

IVL do state what their DVD consists of, be it anamorphic or whatever :).

so far Media Blaster's releases have fixed that problem.

Fixed what exactly?

The Germans managed pretty well

Unless Spannick can come and tell us what goes on, I think Celestial only did a number anamorphic, whilst titles like this, '36th Chamber' and 'Heroes Two' were probably done non-anamorphic. Who knows :)?

Of course, this one hasn't been released elsewhere with (real?) anamorphic.

Killer Meteor
Unless Spannick can come and tell us what goes on, I think Celestial only did a number anamorphic, whilst titles like this, '36th Chamber' and 'Heroes Two' were probably done non-anamorphic. Who knows :)?

QUOTE]

36th Chamber was first batch Germans did. Non-anmorphic

After that, every titles was blown up to anamorphic, including ttiles like Invincible Shaolin and Heroic Ones, which were non-anamorphic on their Siren DVDs

David Rees

I had such high hopes after the Heroes Two release.

Heroes Two didnt have an anamorphic release in HK,UK or Australia but they managed an anamorphic transfer for that release so why not for this one.

As has been stated you cant buy a 4:3 tv anymore (not in the UK anyhow) so why put out dvds which have to be blown up to fill the screen and in some cases, such as the UK release of Heroes Two it even cut off some of the subtitles!

Why cant they demand anamorphic before signing any agreements as its one of the most important aspects of any dvd release.

Whats there next release supposed to be?

CHEAP OFFICIAL ALL REGION SHAW DVD'S ONLY $1.98! CLICK HERE!

oldeschool17
I had such high hopes after the Heroes Two release.

Heroes Two didnt have an anamorphic release in HK,UK or Australia but they managed an anamorphic transfer for that release so why not for this one.

As has been stated you cant buy a 4:3 tv anymore (not in the UK anyhow) so why put out dvds which have to be blown up to fill the screen and in some cases, such as the UK release of Heroes Two it even cut off some of the subtitles!

Why cant they demand anamorphic before signing any agreements as its one of the most important aspects of any dvd release.

Whats there next release supposed to be?

CHEAP OFFICIAL ALL REGION SHAW DVD'S ONLY $1.98! CLICK HERE!

Challenge of the Masters is next.

Again, as mentioned in Chen's reply the anamorphic/non-anamorphic situation isnt necessarily the distro's fault. Thats an issue with Celestial in what they issue to them. So if anything, be upset with Celestial. The distro has control on the video conversion, flagging, and type of subs used.