Eight Diagram PF & 4 other Shaws + USA "Night Flight" docu in L.A. Film Fest-June '08

wackiechan

wackiechan

The L.A. Film Festival 2008, which will take place in June 2008, is going to show five Shaw Brothers movies which include:

"Eight Diagram Pole Fighter"

"The Boxer of Shantung"

"Hong Kong Nocturne"

"Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan (Ai Nu)"

"The Singing Thief (Da Dao Ge Wang)"

I don't know why that "5 Element Ninja" couldn't be shown instead. However, since it looks like the UCLA Film and TV Archive is involved w/ these Shaw screenings, maybe that means there will be a Heroic Grace Film Series 3 pretty soon(which would include a "5EN" screening).

It looks like this Film Fest will also show "Night Flight: Born Again", which sounds like a documentary about the USA Network's "Night Flight" TV show which I kind of remember being a little bit like MTV.

For more info, check the Special Screenings and Special Series of this website: http://lafilmfest.com/films.php#ucla. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a schedule yet for the movies that will be shown.

It's too bad that this Film Fest will take place all the way in the Westwood/UCLA area.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIGHT FLIGHT was great. Music videos, documentaries and movies shown all through the night till 6 am. That's where I first saw ISLAND WARRIORS and BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA.

Yeah that's going back a few years isn't it. Had a good friend in middle school and on a few occasions I'd sleep over at his place and we'd watch that.

Shaolin Patriot
I don't know why that "5 Element Ninja" couldn't be shown instead. However, since it looks like the UCLA Film and TV Archive is involved w/ these Shaw screenings, maybe that means there will be a Heroic Grace Film Series 3 pretty soon(which would include a "5EN" screening)

I'd love to see a Heroic Grace 3 this year in LA. However, things sounded dismal after Heroic Grace 2. Seems UCLA had trouble with funding and two university benefactors had to step in to cover it. :( Maybe the LA Film Festival will be the best we get!

Archived