KISS OF DEATH-->cover

bobo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venom10463

I prefer the first cover art for Bat without Wings. I don't know what Image was thinking with the second one. Kiss of Death cover art is horrible. Looks like a beginner at photoshop designed it.

oldeschool17
I prefer the first cover art for Bat without Wings. I don't know what Image was thinking with the second one. Kiss of Death cover art is horrible. Looks like a beginner at photoshop designed it.

2nd Bat without wings cover looks worse. That looks like a bootleg cover almost

It's possible they could have changed it to avoid a complaint from Gene Simmons what with the similarity in makeup to his Demon character from KISS.

oldeschool17
It's possible they could have changed it to avoid a complaint from Gene Simmons what with the similarity in makeup to his Demon character from KISS.

If they were to go through all that trouble, they would have to alter the movie too like put a mosaic or something. lol that would be ridiculous if that were the case.

There was a thread here back when the IVL dvd came out that linked to a site that revealed Simmons notification of the film sporting his makeup or a similarity of said makeup and that he was possibly pursuing legal assistance. Not sure why Chu Yuan went with this makeup in the first place as KISS had hit a lull at this point in their career. I don't even recall if they were popular in HK or not. They were in Japan though.

vonhumboldtfleisher

The first BAT WITHOUT WINGS COVER is pretty cool. The others are too ugly and cluttered. There's something really amateurish about using lots of red to make things look more exciting. I should know - I do it all the time.

Archived