50 movie box set....anything worth while?

deathdunt

I've had this thing sitting around for months....you know, the 50 movie boxset Mill Creek put out(I believe its Mill Creek)

I've watched a few films...Shaolin Deadly Legs was good and I moderately enjoyed a few others...is there anything else worth checking out in this box?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I will...

basically I was just wondering if there are any hidden gems stuck in there I should watch right away.

Thanks for the help, though...

oldeschool17

i just saw the list of movies on there. Cant say i know too much about em. Maybe morgoth can help you out

I have the 20 Movie pack - haven't open it yet to check the quality. Paid next to nothing for mine, got it at a 99 cent plus store.

This is what's on mine:

BRUCE LEE THE INVINCIBLE

CHASE STEP BY STEP

DEADLY DUO

DEATH MACHINES

FOUR ROBBERS

HANDS OF DEATH

IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE

INFERNAL STREET

NINJA EMPIRE

NINJA DEATH 1

NINJA PROTECTOR

NINJA CHAMPION

RETURN OF THE KUNG FU DRAGON

SHADOW NINJA

SHAOLIN DEADLY KICKS

SHAOLIN TEMPLE

THE BIG FIGHT

THE SNAKE, THE TIGER, THE CRANE

THE STREET FIGHTER

WEAPONS OF DEATH

What does yours include?

everything included there....and 30 others.

Im curious about one particular film in the box...SHaolin Temple...I just popped it in. Im about 30 minutes in...so far It's the typical "must avenge everyones death" plot. I tried to do some info searching but nothing came up...At first I thought it might have been Joesph Kuo's Shaoin Temple, but thats far off...It stars Shu Feng according to the credits, but I haven't seen her yet. But I do belive I've seen Man Kong Lung as the "prince's" bodyguard.

Any idea what this might be? I doubt its actually called Shaoin Temple

That Shaolin Temple is "Super Spirit Pagoda" Starring Hsu Feng, Chia Ling & Man Kong Lung

oldeschool17
Check out Shadow Ninja immediately. Then Impossible Kid.

whas shadow ninja about? I saw the rating on hkflix and it was less than flattering

Honestly, Kung Fu Comedy isn't really my thing, so I've kinda leaned away from it....i'm sure I'll watch it eventually, but it wont be any time soon.

Morgoth Bauglir
whas shadow ninja about? I saw the rating on hkflix and it was less than flattering

Shadow Ninja aka Killer in White is hardcore kung fu action with Steve Tung Wei and Yen Shi Kwan. Good overall movie, with some funny scenes and some extremely brutal scenes.

Morgoth Bauglir

That's it. Very violent ending. And check out that move at the 34 second mark:eek::eek:

oldeschool17

so is this another classic "let's slap on a ninja title even though there are no ninja's in site" kinda movie?

Just checked the link for Impossible Kid, i forgot that starred weng weng. love the theme song for this movie.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah great movie Impossible Kid. Another good one in the 50 pack is Heroes of Shaolin. Touching movie.

oldeschool17

i remember watching heroes of shaolin. well only part of it. chen sing and hwang jang lee if i recall and same theme song from secret rivals

Morgoth Bauglir

yeah also Lo Lieh, Ting Hwa Chung, Yuen Biao and Doris Lung. Love that movie. "you can kill me at anytime"

i remember watching heroes of shaolin. well only part of it. chen sing and hwang jang lee if i recall and same theme song from secret rivals

You mean the theme music heard in HEROIC ONES and MONKEY KUNG FU? The SECRET RIVALS music is from THE BIG GUNDOWN.

HEROES OF THE WILD aka HEROES OF SHAOLIN is pretty good.

oldeschool17
You mean the theme music heard in HEROIC ONES and MONKEY KUNG FU? The SECRET RIVALS music is from THE BIG GUNDOWN.

HEROES OF THE WILD aka HEROES OF SHAOLIN is pretty good.

damn, yer right. got my valiant marching band music mixed up

damn, yer right. got my valiant marching band music mixed up

Still trying to find what movie that music was taken from.

oldeschool17
Still trying to find what movie that music was taken from.

even more sad considering i was watching heroic ones yesterday.

ironfistedmonk
I have the 20 Movie pack - haven't open it yet to check the quality. Paid next to nothing for mine, got it at a 99 cent plus store.

This is what's on mine:

BRUCE LEE THE INVINCIBLE

CHASE STEP BY STEP

DEADLY DUO

DEATH MACHINES

FOUR ROBBERS

HANDS OF DEATH

IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE

INFERNAL STREET

NINJA EMPIRE

NINJA DEATH 1

NINJA PROTECTOR

NINJA CHAMPION

RETURN OF THE KUNG FU DRAGON

SHADOW NINJA

SHAOLIN DEADLY KICKS

SHAOLIN TEMPLE

THE BIG FIGHT

THE SNAKE, THE TIGER, THE CRANE

THE STREET FIGHTER

WEAPONS OF DEATH

What does yours include?

I've got this 20 pack, Chase Step by Step and Infernal Street are good bashers, Hand of Death aka The Tongfather (love that title!) is good too but this copy is pretty ****ty. Image of Bruce Lee is another good movie and I don't really like the clone films, Bruce Lee the Invincible has fighting gorillas in it so check that one out. Shadow Ninja is a proper shady re-titling, Killer Wears White is a lot more apt, great shapes but the usual KF comedy shenanigans.

Archived