2 recommendations

gravedigger666

gravedigger666

"four infernos to cross" and "killer mantis crazy monkey".I guess flicks are not on manys toplist and perhaps bit rare items but if chance comes,they are definitely worth watching.Loads of quality kick&fist action:)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vonhumboldtfleisher

I used to have the Unicorn VHS release of FOUR INFERNOS TO CROSS. I didn't think much of it. I haven't seen KILLER MANTIS CRAZY MONKEY - is that the John Liu film?

gravedigger666

Yes,John Liu is in it...Well,for each his own sure,I thought 4 infernoss is well above average.Plot is lacklustre,just excuse to fight.And there was lot in Infernos.

gravedigger666

I think 4 infernos to cross is out on boot...I have never seen it but someone credible said so.killer mantis is not...your best bet is to locate someone who has trasfered those from vhs to dvd.I know you love indie kickstothehead movies a lot so these would be good for you.

btw I do not have those on dvd/computer either but trying to work it out.

gravedigger666

here is list of actors&directors of killer mantis crazy monkey;

Directed By;Chung Wang

Li Pang Wan

Starring;

Li Pang Wan

Shu Jun Ping

Shek Tien

Yung Sheng Wong

Chi Sang Wong

John Liu

Plot is usual revenge stuff,kid avenges death of parents.Good fights there:)

gravedigger666

4 infernos to cross is korean movie.I do not remember director or main actor now but he is very bruceleestylish.Story is about stolen money and there is enough fight to please kickthirst.

Yo dudes does anyone know if 1) Killer Mantis Crazy monkey has an alternate title (cos Ive never heard of it and pride myself on my knowledge of John Lius films) and 2) Where you can get it?

gravedigger666

Hello!I recently learned it has alternate title which is "my life is on the line".

Quote:

Hello!I recently learned it has alternate title which is "my life is on the line".

Hold on a minute I got that movie a wee while ago and didnt notice John Liu in it! Are you sure of your information?

Chinatown Kid
4 infernos to cross is korean movie.I do not remember director or main actor now but he is very bruceleestylish.Story is about stolen money and there is enough fight to please kickthirst.

I have this film under the aka title of Dragon Force on a 2 on one disc also featuring the film Return of the Scorpion on the Brooklyn Zu Ground Zero dvd. I liked Dragon Force because it's a Korean production which features lots of great TKD kicking, especially from the main star Kang Jo Lee, he's also known as Mario Chan. He wears wrist bands in the film which contains small knives he throws as well.

gravedigger666

I really dig end fight with Whitehair&his henchmen in 4 infernos.Locations are also nicer than in many indie k-f flick.

Morgoth Bauglir

So what about this My Life's on the Line aka Killer Mantis Crazy Monkey? Is John Liu in it?

MY LIFE ON THE LINE is also an aka for SIXTY SECOND ASSASSIN. Never heard of KILLER MANTIS, CRAZY MONKEY.

Yeah, beardy is though. The fights are good but I don't remember liking this one too much aside from the action.

TibetanWhiteCrane

But im interested in knowing about that KILLER MANTIS, CRAZY MONKEY, if indeed John Liu is in it! Im an editor on HKcinemagic, and that title is not listed on his filmography!

Archived