Bloodsport (1988)

GungFuFighter

LOL...in the Breakin' clip, see that guy with the poofy hair dancing next to Van Damme to the left? That's Van Damme's best buddy and Tong Po himself, Michel Qissi!!!!

And you know that girl is really laughing at Van Damme's little move LOL

How did we go from Bloodsport to this???? LMAO

I also thought Bloodsport was Donald Gibb's best role since Ogre in the original Revenge of the Nerds...he still has that biker look to this day.

• Like 2

kingofkungfu2002

I have both Bloodsport and Kickboxer soundtracks...gotta love that 80's 'middle of the road' rock music ;)

2qtx0m9.jpg

• Like 1

Wasn't it in Double Impact Jean Claude held an aerobics class with a bunch of hot girls and showing them how to do the splits in super skimpy pink shorts?

Lmao at the gifs:p

The fights in bloodsport were good for the 80's, the rest of the movie is complete trash, yeah I've seen this a few times.

• Like 1

kingofkungfu2002
Wasn't it in Double Impact Jean Claude held an aerobics class with a bunch of hot girls and showing them how to do the splits in super skimpy pink shorts?

Lol not quite, but just as bad...BLUE TIGHTS :eek:

QFHc9Tn28YU

JCVD was cheese (ok maybe ham) but his early stuff was always fun to watch.

Bloodsport, Cyborg, Double Impact ("I was doing OK until that BIG Chinese"), KickBoxer, Death Warrant, Lionheart, Timecop.

Never saw Black Eagle.

In Hell (2003) was another one I enjoyed.

• Like 1

I read an interview with JCVD that he is responsible for BLOODSPORT turning out the way it did that the original version was awful and that the director didn't know what he was doing. He goes on to say that he got into the editing room and made it what it is today. Never cared much for this one or anything else the guy did for that matter although I though LIONHEART was pretty decent because of the rather noble character he played--the complete antithesis of VD's.....:D.....real personality.

• Like 2

QFHc9Tn28YU

I think Don Gibb said it best when I see JCVD's splits

"That hurts me just looking at it."

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

I think ole Claude has been through alot of divorces as well. He sometimes is the target of gay jokes but the women sure seemed to love him but then again gay dudes where probably hot for him too. I remember the time he came to my town of Fayetteville to stand trial after being sued by Jackson(Rock)Pickney after he allegedly struck Pickney in the eye with a sword during a fight scene in Cyborg(which was filmed in Wilmington, NC where The Crow was filmed). Can't remember how much Van Damme had to pay the guy.

• Like 1

I think ole Claude has been through alot of divorces as well. He sometimes is the target of gay jokes but the women sure seemed to love him but then again gay dudes where probably hot for him too. I remember the time he came to my town of Fayetteville to stand trial after being sued by Jackson(Rock)Pickney after he allegedly struck Pickney in the eye with a sword during a fight scene in Cyborg(which was filmed in Wilmington, NC where The Crow was filmed). Can't remember how much Van Damme had to pay the guy.

Yeah, I remember that too. I have the issue of BLACK BELT magazine where they talked about the case. When questioned after the proceedings were over, VD nonchalantly responds to said questions with "You'll love my next movie".

Also, a couple years before this case, VD was on Arsenio and said there'd never been any accidents on any set he'd worked on and also in another interview he talked about furthering the training of Chuck Norris which according to VD, didn't sit well with the delusional ballet dancer. Then there's the time VD got beat up in the bar after repeated sexual advances towards the gorgeous Jamie Pressley while shooting a movie where he rode a motorcycle. DESERT something or other. Pressley talked about this in one of her Maxim or Stuff photoshoots.

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

Yeah I remember when he claimed to have taught Norris, it pissed Chuck off quite a bit. I think Chuck had met him somehow on the set of one of the Missing in Action films and Van Damme claimed to have taught him some flexibility exercises or something. Also remembered when some guy named Chuck Zito(he played in the prison drama Oz) decked a very drunken Van Damme in a bar/strip club when Claude started mouthing off at him. That flick your talking about with Jamie Pressley was called Desert Heat, one of VD's more unimpressive flicks.

• Like 1

Ah, that's it. DESERT HEAT. Haven't seen it but remember the video box in the vid store years back. Thanks CK.

Here's another one. I taped an interview with Don "The Dragon" Wilson and at the time VD claimed to be a kickboxing champion. So shortly after the release of BLOODFIST, Roger Corman was planning to set up a $100,000 match between Wilson and VD. Wilson was all for it, but VD was not. "The Dragon" even called VD "Jean-Fraud"!

oldeschool17
Yeah I remember when he claimed to have taught Norris, it pissed Chuck off quite a bit. I think Chuck had met him somehow on the set of one of the Missing in Action films and Van Damme claimed to have taught him some flexibility exercises or something. Also remembered when some guy named Chuck Zito(he played in the prison drama Oz) decked a very drunken Van Damme in a bar/strip club when Claude started mouthing off at him. That flick your talking about with Jamie Pressley was called Desert Heat, one of VD's more unimpressive flicks.

I think Chuck Zito is Danny Bounaduce's bodyguard these days.

Here's another one. I taped an interview with Don "The Dragon" Wilson and at the time VD claimed to be a kickboxing champion. So shortly after the release of BLOODFIST, Roger Corman was planning to set up a $100,000 match between Wilson and VD. Wilson was all for it, but VD was not. "The Dragon" even called VD "Jean-Fraud"!

Don Wilson wasn't the only one trying to fight Van Damme. His alleged championship in 1982 was actually held by Bill Wallace so that was another lie from VD. There was a group of martial artists that coined themselves the Dirty Dozen, Steven Seagal was one of them, that was going to fight VD.

The dragon also made fun of VD in one of his movies, RED SUN RISING. At the end a kicker dressed up to look identical to VD approaches Don displaying some kicks. Don easily disposes of this guy while obviously giggling to himself in the process. A huge grin is displayed on his face during the scene.

QFHc9Tn28YU

That is so NSFW.

I remember now that the pink shorts came on later, when he's at the bar looking for his twin.

Didn't Van Damme and the guy from the tv show Step By Step practice their fight choreography on their wives. Hopefully hes matured over the years because all I ever hear about him growing up was how much of a liar and jerk he was.

oldeschool17
Didn't Van Damme and the guy from the tv show Step By Step practice their fight choreography on their wives. Hopefully hes matured over the years because all I ever hear about him growing up was how much of a liar and jerk he was.

yeah him and sasha mitchell are dirtbag wife beaters. Well, i know at least sasha mitchell is. I think van damme was too but maybe somebody can verify

kingofkungfu2002
I think van damme was too but maybe somebody can verify

Just in case the lawyers are looking in :P

I bought Frank Dux's book, The Secret Man, last year.

His talk of his involvent in the Kumite and the Bloodsport film itself is disappointingly short, but it's a cracking good read.

Whether any of it is true or not is another matter....

• Like 1

oldeschool17
I bought Frank Dux's book, The Secret Man, last year.

His talk of his involvent in the Kumite and the Bloodsport film itself is disappointingly short, but it's a cracking good read.

Whether any of it is true or not is another matter....

Frank Dux is a crock of shi_ but sure made history with Bloodsport.

So could you guys fill me in about this frank dux guy, is he a total fraud? I vaguely remember reading an article (i think) in Combat magazine where it was claimed he was this unbeaten ninja master & obviously the inspiration for bloodsport but a lot of people claim he's full of crap, did he win a "kumite", is he even a martial artist & what was his relationship with van damne? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with this.

So could you guys fill me in about this frank dux guy, is he a total fraud? I vaguely remember reading an article (i think) in Combat magazine where it was claimed he was this unbeaten ninja master & obviously the inspiration for bloodsport but a lot of people claim he's full of crap, did he win a "kumite", is he even a martial artist & what was his relationship with van damne? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with this.

Only my opinion, but yes I would consider him a fraud, he tells fables like Aesop. He almost seems to mirror Segal in some of his storys except, Segal has proof of being able to kick ass. Dux seems goes around lying about damn near everything from his military connects to where he shops. In a lawsuit against Van Damme he was basically shown to be a habitual liar. Every story he tells always seems to be a way for him to make money.

By the way, anybody remember the part from Nowhere To Run when the 8 year old girl says JCVD has a big penis? That caught me a bit off guard.

GungFuFighter

Ah, let's not rip of JCVD.

Anyway, like said before, Bloodsport has awesome nostalgic value too.

And about the Sasha Mitchell incident, it was already proven that he didn't beat his wife and that she was a drughead liar.