The Forbidden Kingdom 2

AlbertV

This was just announced on AliveNotDead.com:

The overwhelming box-office success of the action-adventure flick "The Forbidden Kingdom" has prompted its producers to shoot a sequel. Sources from the film's Chinese investor and distributor, Huayi Brothers, said Tuesday they will once again collaborate with Hollywood for part two of the Jackie Chan-Jet Li film. The two action heroes will appear in the follow-up film, together with actress Li Bingbing, who made her major Hollywood debut with "Forbidden Kingdom."

The sequel is likely to feature a romance between Jet Li and Li Bingbing's characters. Huayi Brothers president Wang Zhongjun said a sequel would be made if global revenue of "The Forbidden Kingdom" hit US$50 million. The film raked in almost half that amount in its opening weekend in North America two weeks ago, topping the local box office with US$20.9 million. According to the Beijing Times, the US$70-million film has already broken even.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgoth Bauglir

• AlbertV

• Endsang

• shelliegal

Morgoth Bauglir

hmmmm, I think they got kind of lucky that they made an above average movie the first time. I don't know if they should push their luck. But, I will definitely go see it.

The part about Jet wanting to fight superheroes was a bit terrifying.

But then again, this man proved his worth ages ago. He can do whatever he wants and it's fine by me. :)

shelliegal

i would see it - just for lbb and jet's romance or whatever. lbb was just awesome! maybe lyf's not coming back?

Mark Pollard

I'd like to see Li Bing-bing star in a more mature spin-off film that basically acts as a remake or continuation of the BRIDE WITH WHITE HAIR saga. She could easily carry a film on her own without Li or Chan.