Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

AlbertV

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats awesome! Too bad he doesn't have the costume, especially considering he is THE Captain America now.

And ironically, Sebastian Stan, who plays Bucky, auditioned for the role of Captain America as well.

Hollywood is trying so hard to pump out all these Marvel movies in order to make The Avengers lets hope that these movies aren't bust in the meantime!

Dark Horizons has reported that after THE AVENGERS is released, there will be a sequel to CAPTAIN AMERICA (and THOR). The sequel will be set in the modern day era, according to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige.

ShaOW!linDude

I'm psyched to see all of those but they shouldn't start counting their chickens yet.

Dark Horizons has video and an announcement of a scene that was shot over the weekend in New York City to tie in with THE AVENGERS.

They said it could be a reshoot or an additional scene, but it involves Chris Evans and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Speaking of THE AVENGERS, shooting begins today!

Ready for this!!! Here is Cap's 1st outfit in the film, which he wears at an USO show after he gains his newfound skills

ca1.jpg

And check out this "retro" poster...nice artwork!!! Kung Fu Bob..did you do this??? :D

paolo_rivera_cap_movie_poster.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Ready for this!!! Here is Cap's 1st outfit in the film, which he wears at an USO show after he gains his newfound skills

I heard about this. They give him this suit to put on and he's not happy at all about it. :smile: Then afterwards he makes them hook it up nice. A cool way for the filmmakers to say "Yeah, if we had stuck 100% to the original design, it would've looked like this." before they wow us with the new design- which I love.

And check out this "retro" poster...nice artwork!!! Kung Fu Bob..did you do this??? :D

LOL I wish! I take that as a very nice compliment though Albert. :wink: That's a mighty sweet poster! :nerd:

ShaOW!linDude

Uh - AaaaaiiiiiIIIIIIIIAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh! (My approximation of an old school Van Halen David Lee Roth scream.:tongue:)

That is sooooooooooo cooooooooool!!!!! Now if that whole film is that good........:xd:

There is even a preview of the Avengers movie I hear.

All I have to say is be sure to stay all the way through the end credits and you will be rewarded greatly!!!:xd:

Good movie, as a set-up movie and an all-around action film.

lillippa328
All I have to say is be sure to stay all the way through the end credits and you will be rewarded greatly!!!:xd:

Good movie, as a set-up movie and an all-around action film.

i double massa yoda here this movie is great! and a lot of tie ins to Iron man, Thor, and the avengers...a lot of questions answered....its so fun to watch all these marvel movies cross with each other!

AndyWayne84

Saw the Movie twice over the weekend. Better than Green Lantern i must say which i didn't care for much never was a Green Lantern fan more of a Batman fan, Chris Evans kicked major Ass as Captain America in the flim never a dull moment but overall ill give this flim 9/10. " The Avengers Teaser was my favorite."

OK I seen this movie last night and I thought it was Awesome! The best Marvel movie made so far! Non Stop Action, Great storyline that wasn't crushed by a lovestory! I didn't want it to end! Now I can honestly say I've never been a comic book fan growing up, but I do love all the movies, and this one was the best so far!

ShaOW!linDude

I took in a late night show Wednesday night. (I prefer times when there's hardly anyone in the theater.)

Fantastic film. Great story, great action, great cast. Part of what made the movie so good to me was the cast of supporting characters. Chris Evans was a good choice for the role and Hugo Weaving was wonderful as the Red Skull. The f/x and props were good and there's plenty of shield-slinging!!! (Oh, and daisho's right ---- this didn't get bogged down in with a sappy love story.)

I kind of want to go see it again.....but I'm holding out for "Conan" now.:xd:

AndyWayne84
I took in a late night show Wednesday night. (I prefer times when there's hardly anyone in the theater.)

Fantastic film. Great story, great action, great cast. Part of what made the movie so good to me was the cast of supporting characters. Chris Evans was a good choice for the role and Hugo Weaving was wonderful as the Red Skull. The f/x and props were good and there's plenty of shield-slinging!!! (Oh, and daisho's right ---- this didn't get bogged down in with a sappy love story.)

I kind of want to go see it again.....but I'm holding out for "Conan" now.:xd:

Samehere. " I hate going where there's abunch of anoying people there causing drama in the Cinema's over a good movie like Captain America."

Captain America was an epic film. The cast, the action, and the F/X props were impressive. Chris Evans brought Captain America to life in every scene of the flim, Tommy Lee Jones with show stealing performance was fantasic. Hugo Weaving did a great job as The Red Skull who was never a dull moment or over the top, just decent.

I'm glad it wasn't a chessy lame love story myself. I've had enough those kind of storylines it's really anoying to deal with, after talking about this movie i want to saee it a 3rd time hoping the phrase 3rd time is the charm really works without anoying people around asking gee is Bucky coming back??? or is Steve going to see that girl again soon.

The Avengers Teaser was awesome enough i wish WB would make a Justice League flim.

Just saw it and really enjoyed it for the most part - it hard barely a slow moment, the cast were faultless and it had a lot of heart.

It stayed pretty true to the original comics, which is always the bugbear of a comic-book geek such as myself.

I was first to say, when Evans was cast, "lazy casting" but the guy was born to play Cap, simple as that.

I dug the little in-jokes - the Raiders reference, Cap's deliberately naff 40s costume (clearly a dig at the 90s Cap film), Hugo Weaving clearly channeling Max Von Sydow and, of course, the now obligatory Stan The Man cameo.

It was also odd seeing the bits shot over here in the UK and recognising them, even under all the CGI!

SPOILER (possibly!) Anyone else think the final confrontation with the Red Skull was anticlimactic because he may be popping up in a certain Superhero film next summer...?

AndyWayne84
Just saw it and really enjoyed it for the most part - it hard barely a slow moment, the cast were faultless and it had a lot of heart.

It stayed pretty true to the original comics, which is always the bugbear of a comic-book geek such as myself.

I was first to say, when Evans was cast, "lazy casting" but the guy was born to play Cap, simple as that.

I dug the little in-jokes - the Raiders reference, Cap's deliberately naff 40s costume (clearly a dig at the 90s Cap film), Hugo Weaving clearly channeling Max Von Sydow and, of course, the now obligatory Stan The Man cameo.

It was also odd seeing the bits shot over here in the UK and recognising them, even under all the CGI!

SPOILER (possibly!) Anyone else think the final confrontation with the Red Skull was anticlimactic because he may be popping up in a certain Superhero film next summer...?

I don't think he'll pop up in The Avengers Movie. For any sequels to Captain America yes most likley if the storyline see's fit to put him in there.

froffeecoffee

It's already known that Loki will be the main villian. Just like in the comics he'll be the one who unintentionally causes the formation of the Avengers.

Doesn't mean that's the storyline they'll use, but remember, Loki was in the Avengers trailer for a brief moment.

Because it was so fast and anti-climactic I did wonder, surely they're going to be using him again in something.

Yes, it would appear Loki is indeed the main villain in The Avengers, possibly alongside the Skrulls and even Thanos has had a mention.

Archived