Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

AlbertV

A colleague of mine drove past (well, as near as you can get) to one of the sets in Ancoats, Manchester this past Sunday (There's also been some filming on Liverpool docks).

He saw "between seven and ten trailers", plus a whole slew of 1930s and 40s cars - including a jalopy and a NYC taxi cab.

The reasoning behind filming in the UK is purely down to cost-cutting - according to Marvel, parts of Manchester look uncannily like WW2 era New York!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
briannatalore

I still can't get over Chris Evans playing Captain America when he already played Human Torch. I guess there's going to be a roboot for the Fantastic Four.

I still can't get over Chris Evans playing Captain America when he already played Human Torch. I guess there's going to be a roboot for the Fantastic Four.

There is going to be a Fantastic Four reboot. Fox said the last FF film didn't do as they had hoped and they decided they want to start over again. So there is plans for a reboot for 2012-2013 release.

A while back, it was rumored that Adrian Brody was going to be up for Mr. Fantastic and although he denied the rumor, he said if he gets offered an audition, he would go for it.

ShaOW!linDude

Isn't Brody too short for that role? I guess he could stretch as an actor to fill it.

(I'm sorry, that was a horrible pun.)

I don't mind Evans, but I don't love him, either.

It does smack of lazy casting, somewhat.

Apparently, Marvel bigwigs are worried because his last few films have been less than successful at the Box Office.

ShaOW!linDude

I'm sold! That's frigging Captain America, dude! He looks like Steve Rogers.

(If he tanks this movie I'm going to be soooooooo embarrassed for writing that.)

Here are some more pics that will be seen in the Entertainment Weekly issue from Dark Horizons.

ca1.jpg

ca2.jpg

ca3.jpg

ShaOW!linDude

You know......the more I look at Evans' photo on the cover of EW it looks like he's doing Ben Stiller's Zoolander's "Blue Steel" look. So I guess that would make this his "Red, White, & Blue Steel" look.

I like the fact they have Howard Stark design the final Cap suit in the film. Truly a connection to Iron Man and the Avengers.

Dark Horizons revealed story spoilers courtesy of production designer Rick Heinrichs.

90% of the film will be set in World War II, but will serve as a flashback. The opening and finale will take place in the modern day era, where an exploration team are in the Arctic.

That's not bad at all considering we're talking World War II.

I'm sure for The Avengers, it will be more updated to the suit everyone is used to.

ShaOW!linDude

My understanding is that the movie will be set in present day with the discovery of Cap's body. The origin and WW2 story will be told in flashback. (I can't remember where I saw that to verify it with a link, though.)

My understanding is that the movie will be set in present day with the discovery of Cap's body. The origin and WW2 story will be told in flashback. (I can't remember where I saw that to verify it with a link, though.)

This may help ya:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19000/-captain-america-story-spoilers

Here's more Cap

big-cap2_article.jpg

DeathFuMaster

Do you guys think Bucky will be in this? He needs to at least make a cameo during the WWII stuff maybe towards the end.

DeathFuMaster
According to this: Yes! Though his character is in the movie, i don't think he'll be the costumed sidekick he was in the comics. Shame, too.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113667-actor-sebastian-stan-on-captain-americas-bucky

Thats awesome! Too bad he doesn't have the costume, especially considering he is THE Captain America now.

Guest Yi-Long

Great poster, although it probably would have been stronger without the text and logos, or with some better choices about the placement and font-choice.

Archived