Why Can't We Be ... FRIENDS?

teako170

No, not the "Smash Mouth" redux. :P

To quote the song/album by War from 1975 (which also had another popular track ... "Low-Ri-Der").

Yes, its Fu Sheng's early teen drama from 1973 (released 6/74).

I scanned these images from SS 181 (March '73). Enjoy....

friends1.jpg

friends2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh slick. Thank you for the scans. Fu Sheng looks even younger in this than he did in Heroes Two.

You know it's not kung fu but once again I think you need to see a little variety in your favorite actors. But then I liked Hong Kong Playboys and The Taxi Driver.

I think you need to see a little variety in your favorite actors. But then I liked Hong Kong Playboys and The Taxi Driver.

Exactly. I never saw (nor cared for) many of the non KF stuff Shaw put out in the late 60s/early 70s. Thanks to the Celestials, my collection started to grow and it made me seek out other genres that some of my favorite actors/actresses appeared in.

Chinatown Kid

I liked Friends and Young People, sure they were kind of corny but it was nice seeing the action regulars in a more lighthearted film. Looking at it now the fashions are outrageous but you gotta think back in the early 70's those were considered hip threads baby!:P Those films did feature some nice fights as well even though they weren't hardcore kung fu films. Thanks for the pics!

I just spinned my DVD last night and was astonished to see Chen Wo-fu among David Chiang's friends. He was the biggest of them all but not given any prominence in the fight scenes.

venom10463
Looking at it now the fashions are outrageous but you gotta think back in the early 70's those were considered hip threads baby!:P

Maybe 20 or 30 yrs from now. They will say the same thing about us.:D But one thing I just can't figure out is how they could wear really really tight jeans. You'll have a struggle just trying to get your money or wallet.

Maybe 20 or 30 yrs from now. They will say the same thing about us.:D But one thing I just can't figure out is how they could wear really really tight jeans. You'll have a struggle just trying to get your money or wallet.

Seems they're starting to go back to these, the last pair of jeans I bought were a little to tight for my tastes, but hell I grew up in the 80's:rolleyes:

Great scans Teako!

Chinatown Kid

lol yeah I definately remember wearing those tight jeans in the 80's when going to junior high and highschool, man those jeans were rough on the ole sack(talking about cutting off the circulation)! Everything I wear now has to be loose or relaxed fit when it comes to jeans. And venom your right in decades to come the things currently now in fashion will probably be laughed at, but it seems if you wait long enough sooner or later everything comes back into style again.:D

Archived