Another Inquiry...

Jstn

I was wondering if anyone has seen 'Gods of Wu Tang' (aka 'Duel of the Masters') and if it's worth purchasing? Thanks for the help.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

Yeah big let down considering the cast, I don't even remember there being much of an end fight or a main villain come to think of it, just 2 competing magician/kung fu masters. I suppose it was a rip of the Yuen Clan madness that was coming out in the early eighties

Morgoth Bauglir

No problem jstn. Ironfistedmonk you probably don't remember the endfight because it sucked lol.

ironfistedmonk

lol your probably right, a good end fight can often save a bad film IMO but not even remembering there being an end fight is a bad sign :D

I personally loved it, but I've a soft spot for canto-comedy and the film is kinda off-beat and rather charmingly (and IMHO deliberately) silly - and after the initial WTF reaction it simply won me over... There's just *something* about a duel during which two old masters wriggle their toes and shout out numbers...

It's not exactly an eye-opener concerning the MA stuff and it looks pretty cheap and cheesy, but I had fun watching it. Not sure if I'd recommend you to purchase it (I'm actually considering it, but my tastes sometimes tend to be funny;)), but if you can get it for free, you may just as well give it a try if you're looking for a parody/comedy flick.

I personally loved it, but I've a soft spot for canto-comedy and the film is kinda off-beat and rather charmingly (and IMHO deliberately) silly - and after the initial WTF reaction it simply won me over... There's just *something* about a duel during which two old masters wriggle their toes and shout out numbers...

It's not exactly an eye-opener concerning the MA stuff and it looks pretty cheap and cheesy, but I had fun watching it. Not sure if I'd recommend you to purchase it (I'm actually considering it, but my tastes sometimes tend to be funny;)), but if you can get it for free, you may just as well give it a try if you're looking for a parody/comedy flick.

Thanks for you view on it.

quixote64

i actually kind of agree with Cesare on this one. I'm a sucker for really weird Miracle Fighters-type stuff like that. Even if it is a blatant ripoff.

Archived