Iron Man

AlbertV

Who has seen this??? It came out yesterday. I am hearing a lot of positive buzz around Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man. Stan Winston did a hell of a job with the Iron Man outfits. I heard that if the sequel comes out, Terrence Howard may return this time as both Jim Rhodes and War Machine, the alternate to Iron Man.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much basic Marvel stuff but I classify this one as one of the better ones made in the trend.

Just spoke to someone who saw this. He was on the fence.

Me? I think Robert Downey Jr. could have been an A-lister (if not for the personal problems he's dealt with over the years).

I still enjoy his work and think this film will even beat out Edward Norton's Hulk.

I thought it was great, Robert Downey Jr rocked it, sure there were a few things if you want to knitpick, but I thought it was a great introduction movie, Tony Stark makes for an interesting character if you ask me, will definitely be looking forward to the sequel.

kingofkungfu2002

Robert Downey Jr was on a UK TV show the other day, where he said that he had been studying Wing Chun for about 5 years...I had no idea :eek:

The Dragon
Robert Downey Jr was on a UK TV show the other day, where he said that he had been studying Wing Chun for about 5 years...I had no idea :eek:

:cool:!!!!

froffeecoffee

Fantastic film!!! The character development was so well done, I was more interested in that part of the story than the action sequences. It's as good as the best comic films like, Batman Begins, Spider-man 2, X-men 2. There are a lot of possibilities for sequels. I read War Machine is possible, so is the Mandarin, an Avengers storyline. Whatever they do, I'm looking forward to where the storyline goes.

daisho2004

OK I just came back from seeing this movie and I thought it was really good, excellent storyline, the only problem I had was I wish there was more action in it. But overall a very good movie and I think a sequel is a must and you're right War Machine is a definite possibility.

Mark Pollard

I haven't had time to watch it yet but I read that if you watch through the end credits they play a sneak peak at what may be a sequel or an Avengers spin-off.

I actually dug it. Which for me came as a bit of a surprise, seeing how haven't been all that fond of the majority of recent superhero films.

I disagree that there wasn't enough action, although I can understand the disappointment. The film was more an introduction to the character, than a showcase of what Iron Man can do. No doubt the sequel will up the ante there.

My biggest gripes were rooted toward some of the hard to believe aspects of the beginning storyline. In hind site I can't really fault the film for that, as looking a little further into things I see it's all just a part of the Iron Man lore.

daisho2004

Well as far as the Action goes I just would've like a little more but I do understand that this was the 1st. movie and I'm sure when the sequel comes out it will be loaded with Action now that the Character has established himself.

The Dragon
Week'n gross = US $100M Domestic.

Another $97M International.

I think that's a guarantee for another go'round...

If they could make two Fantastic Four films, with that horrible cast...

:rolleyes:

CrazyFrog

It's the best Marvel movie I've seen, save for maybe X-Men II or Spiderman II. It's pretty good for a popcorn flick and I don't even like the comic book character that much. It totally rocked my socks and I am actually looking forward to a sequel.

Delirious

Like all good initiators (Batman Begin or Spider Man I), Iron Man established Tony Stark as a unique protagonist. I am a big comic fan so I know for sure that the director has not even touch Tony's alcoholic side yet. It was a little let down but on the other hand I am glad that he would save the alcohol problem for the sequel. There are 2 things that Iron Man fears: his alcoholic problem - which resembles his worldly attitude - and the Mandarin. The Ten Rings of Terror will come back :]

I also absolutely fall in love with Robert Downey Jr. Obviously Downey is older than the usual comic counterpart. However his older look on the silver screen makes Tony Stark more sophisticated and believable. I wish Robert Downey Jr was never a bad boy, he would have become an A-list actor.

Liked it a lot, but I agree that there could have been another action sequence

I'm really digging this continuity thing that Marvel is trying to establish around the Avengers characters

I'm wondering, clearly Rhodes is going to be War Machine in the sequel but what about the Middle-eastern bald guy? With the whole Ten Rings thing and his obsession on ruling asia, is he going to be Mandarin?

SAY WHAT?!:D

Hmmmm...this is gonna sound nutty, but I can see Robert Downey in some kung fu action film..maybe as a hero or perhaps a villain...now we may possibly have the proof if what he said about Wing Chun is true.

CrazyFrog

If you all haven't seen this movie, stop what you're doing and go see it. It's a great summer flick, better than I've seen in years. (ok, I don't get out too much, but still...).:D

Chinatown Kid

Finally went and seen this yesterday with my girlfriend and have to say it was really entertaining. The CGI effects were great and the script was pretty fast paced. But what really carried this film was the charisma of Robert Downey Jr and his portrayal of Stark with his character imperfections of being a heavy drinker, womanizer and rather self centered man and then deciding to use he knowledge/power to do something good for people/mankind made his character all the more believable and human. With the good reviews and box office this film has recieved there's definately gonna be a sequel, hope it's just as good or better than this one was. Next up to watch is The Incredible Hulk, hope it turns out to be just as entertaining.:cool:

Archived