Enter the Game of Death

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Anyone know if this is a genuine HK/Korean co-production or a pure Korean film bought by HK distributors (Robert Jeffrey/P.T. Insantra) and re-credited?

There was a three year gap between the KR and HK theatrical releases.

Seems to be an even split between Chinese and Korean cast members.

Here's the KOFA link: http://www.kmdb.or.kr/eng/md_basic.asp?nation=K&p_dataid=03282

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Smooth

I think it is a pure Korean production as it was directed by James Nam. These were in the same boat as those IFD/Filmark movies (Korean films bought by HK producers and released in the west).

Guest Markgway

I wondered about that... but I've never heard of a pure Korean film with so many Chinese cast members... Huang Chien Lung, Chang Li, Li Hai Sheng, Yang Szu, Chu Chi Ling. Usually you just get the one "name" brought over and that's about it.

BTW: The KOFA credits Choe U Yeong as director. Not aware of that being an alt name for James Nam. The English dub credits Joseph Velasco (which I believe is an alt name for Chiang Hung) and the HKMDB credit Lin Kuo Hsiang. Phew. Talk about complex!

The film was released in HK three years after its Korean premiere, but something tells me this might still be a genuine co-production.

Chinatown Kid
And who is Robert Jeffrey...? :confused:

Wasn't he the guy that owned or worked for that PT Insantra company?

If ETGOD was a total Korean production that explains why this flick features Bruce Le's best kicking, they must have finally taught him how to kick halfways decent!:P

Archived