Cheesy American Martial Arts Films

AlbertV

GungFuFighter

I love cheesy American MA films. For me the best ones are...

Bloodsport

Kickboxer (and it's sequels)

King of Kickboxers

No Retreat No Surrender

Black Eagle

Lone Wolf McQuede

And the list goes on.

Got another one...THE CHALLENGE aka SWORD OF THE NINJA. Scott Glenn as a guy who learns the way of the sword. I know Steven Seagal had worked on the film as one of the action choreographers with Ryu Kuze (who choreographed the sword fights).

I've heard this isn't too bad... does anyone have a copy that could be roughly transferred to DVD? Only options seem to be used VHS, but they run close to $50 a copy!

i just wanted to attach this link to what you said. lol enjoy

My lord - other than Alyssa Milano's posterior, that is spectacularly awful.

I forgot the cheesiest! Beverly Hills Ninja w/ Chris Farley...

Well, get ready, a semi-sequel/spinoff is currently shooting, The Legend of the Dancing Ninja. It stars Lucas Grabeel and David Hasselhoff.

• Like 1

Oh, I'm bringing this thread back up. Here's one film that I will be reviewing soon: Kickboxing Academy aka Teen Boxer, released in 1997. This movie caused major controversy with its casting. The film has Steven Bauer of Scarface fame as the boyfriend of a kickboxing instructor who is scheming behind her back to close the school down to the instructor's rival, a wanna-be Sensei Kreese. But that's not the controversy. It's this...

The character of Danny, a young fighter who had left the kickboxing academy after putting his opponent in the hospital is played by Christopher Khayman Lee and when he returns to the help the team, he reunites with ex-girlfriend Cindy, played by Chyler Leigh. Lee and Leigh play a couple, but in real-life they are brother and sister. it caused some insanity among fans. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2