Beach Of The War Gods DVD

David Rees

David Rees

Has anybody seen a review of the Joy Sales dvd or has anybody got it who can say what the quality is like and if its cut?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, it's 96 mins. crappy Quality as on the JP DVD (PAL-NTSC Crap Conversion, too dark, sh*tty Audio Quality (Mono thankfully)), but at least uncut and subtitled in English. Trailer and Gallery included.

The picture is a little dark, and there are small imperfections here and there--white specks, hairline scratches--but it appears uncut (the fight in the teahouse isn't cut like in the French edition). But judge for yourselff: (I tried to get the clearest screenshots I could, but sometimes it's hard to do with the program I have--if there's a lot of movement, the stills might look a little smudgy, but it looked pretty clear when watching it on the tv.)

2336481ae58f5af02.jpg

2336481ae5f9e5e2f.jpg

2336481ae692ce78e.jpg

2336481ae692ebc34.jpg

2336481ae5f9adbc7.jpg

2336481ae5f9cac86.jpg

2336481ae58f1d2ef.jpg

2336481ae69312c39.jpg

2336481ae58f3de43.jpg

hi, where can I order this edition?? I have the vcd joy sales but It is cut. and I have tto the japan dvd very expensive but without subtitles in english.

kowloon

David Rees

True, DDD House are great but i had funds in paypal i wanted to use...:D

shukocarl

There's a German dvd on eBay under the title BEACH OF A WAR GOD..

with a modern generic cover. I presume this is the official German release...can anyone post some screencaps as a comparison and does it have the old english dub?:confused:

there is no "modern Generic Cover" for the German BEACH OF THE WAR GODS DVD. it was issued in 3 different Versions, all titled TODESBUCHT DER SHAOLIN; but all 3 Cover Variants have oldschool Original Art. maybe you're talking of the crap Stiller Bootleg? btw, the German DVD has the old English Dub, but some minor (frame-) cuts Celestial Style (but not as bad)

True, DDD House are great but i had funds in paypal i wanted to use...:D

DDD House accepts PayPal - If you send them a list of titles you want to order and mention that you want to pay with PayPal they will send you a total price and their PayPal info.

chen lung

I didn't order from DDDHouse as they told me bullshit about the DVD-9 version of 'King Of Comedy'. Their titles in their 'sale' are ones probably unopened but evidently broken.

shukocarl

Well, it's not the Stiller disc and the cover is definately a new one (NOT from the film) and it's available from Germany on ebay...a bootleg or new release from another distributor?

Hi Chen Lung

I have bought from DDDhouse's sales section and the discs I received were brand-new and still attached to the spindle. They were not defeated discs.

chen lung
Hi Chen Lung

I have bought from DDDhouse's sales section and the discs I received were brand-new and still attached to the spindle. They were not defeated discs.

Ah right :). I must have been unlucky then as someone in the past said about their sales section being a little ropey in condition :).

Not that I'll order from them, but I didn't know they would accept Paypal as only Mastercard/Visa were options.

David Rees

Finally got around to watching the HK dvd and enjoyed it...non stop sword fights, surprisingly bloodless compared to Chang Cheh's efforts of that era.

One of Wang Yu's better efforts with none of the silly over the top action of say One Armed Boxer.

Worth a purchase as its an ok transfer (anamorphic) and cheap.

SHAW BROTHERS DVD'S OFFICIAL ALL REGION FROM $1.89!

Archived