Kinta 1881

The Amazing Psycho Per

The Amazing Psycho Per

This is billed as the first malaysian martial arts pictures and the fight choreography, courtesy of Chin Kar Lok, is performed by some Wu Shu champions... The movie was due to release in November 2007 but got lost in post production hell. But finally, a trailer as surfaced. Here's a link thanks to twitchfilm.net.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/finally-the-trailer-for-malaysian-martial-arts-picture-kinta-1881-has-arriv/

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CrazyFrog

Damn..beat me to it, Per!

Yes, this looks good!! Bring on the Malaysian martial arts! While I don't see a break out star from this, I do see a promising trend in homespun variations on HK film industry (Ong Bak being another) worldwide and Malaysia is up and coming for sure.

• Administrator
No, what's lame is the movie itself.

That's the prevalent opinion from everyone I know that's seen it. I'm still going to watch it if I can find it for rent. The making of stuff that I saw made it look so damn promising. Maybe I'll enjoy it since I'm going in with low expectations.

They only have English audio listed there. Lame. :sad:

I've got the DVD sitting here and it offers you the option to watch it in the original language with English subtitles.

Sadly, this movie indeed sucks and it is completely the director's fault. The four leads are pretty good fighters but the director does them an incredible disservice by doing stupid camera/editing tricks every two seconds in the fights. Worst of all, he inserts this cartoon blood (yeah, cartoon) that explodes anytime someone gets hit. Dumbest editorial decision I've seen since Uwe Boll editing in clips from the game in HOUSE OF THE DEAD.

Archived