Shaolin Temple Strikes Back

teako170

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen it in years. I used to have the Transworld Tape from their Ninja Theater series with intros and fight demos from Sho Kosugi just before he says..."Welcome to the Ninja Theater. I'd like introduce to you...one of finest kung fu movie..."

At the time, I thought the movie was boring until the end. A damn fine finale. Chang Shan plays the main villain if I remember right.

One of my favorite independent martial arts movies. Makes a great double-bill with War of the Shaolin Temple (which is slightly better).

kungfusamurai

Nice scan.

I recall this film being an imitation of the Jet Li 'Shaolin Temple' movie (similar story elements). This movie and '7 Grandmasters' are the only two Joseph Kuo films that are watchable for me. The others I can't stand because they have that awful frame chopping and cutting method of speeding up fight scenes.

KFS

Morgoth Bauglir

Teako you have to see this immediately. Chang Shan is such a badass.

And thanks for the pics.

yea this is a pretty nice movie and mark is the main reason to see it even though chang shan is always gonna give a commanding performance

ironfistedmonk

I'm with Yakuza, this and War of the Shaolin Temple are solid shapes which don't often get mentioned. Chang Shan is a total bad ass as usual and Mark Long is one guy I always enjoy watching.

Archived