• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingofkungfu2002

• daisho2004

• The Running Man

• SiamKnight

TibetanWhiteCrane

Im sorry, but I think im kind of over the Thai style right now! I was bored shitless when watching this movie. Yes the stunts look painful, yes some of the moves are pretty sweet, but im just not that into it. Wish I was. Guess im more of a HK style dude in the end.

The shine is off, as far as im concerned. Hope ONG BAK 2 can reel me back in.

shaolin drunkard

I am watching taiwanese bonzai media release.Not expert on technical things but I would not rate quality of this into top-10.About movie itself I have just gone by scene where zen(or was it zin) as child was showcasing her skills as child by capturing flying objects and thug throws a knife.Quite nice fights come but overrall for over shy 20 mins gone movie so far has not shown anything spectacular.Hopefully serious ass-kicking starst soon:D

ironfistedmonk

It's a terrible movie with a handful of nice moves in there, Jeeja looks too young to be knocking grown men about and her moves lack the impact of Tony Ja's which is what makes his movies so good. I was really bored by the half hour mark and nothing after that redeems it, there is no improvement on the TJ films and it's actually a step back IMO.

shaolin drunkard

I agree Ironfist.Movie is not waste of time,but she does not have even convidence of yukari oshima or moon lee who make appear they can really kick (male) ass.off-topic I heard from thaifriend Ong Bak2 is about to premiere in December.

prometheus126

just finished watching chocolate and I personaly have to say it's the best film I've seen done by Prachya Pinkaew. it had a descent storyline and some actual character developement, let alone the action scenes are amazing.

on the subject of DVD release, I'm glad dragon dynasty doesn't have the rights. personaly, I think Bey Logen comes off as a complete ass who just tries to show how much he knows when in actuality, he doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows. he has no charisma when he talks and no insight into most of the films he does the commentary to. also he lets people he knows talk on the extras! I don't care what Brett Ratner says, I seriously doubt he watch either police story, police story 2 or fist of legend when they came out, I just think he wants to get on that gravy train that quinten tarrantino started. I'm glad that magnolia is releasing the DVD.

Magnolia Pictures have the North American rights to Chocolate ...

indeed. and no doubt the rights were secured after witnessing the fantastic reception of the film back in September http://tiff08.ca/filmsandschedules/films/chocolate

with respect to the theatrical experience, there's nothing like sitting in a theatre with 1200+ martial arts fans at a Midnight Madness screening during the Festival. early September of 2003 was just so awesome that being the North American premiere of Ong Bak.

anyways, the region A Blu-ray release of Chocolate is scheduled for February 2009 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L67A3M/?tag=blurayforum-20

What about this company "Magnolia Home Entertainment" releasing the movie is it a good company? What else have they released so far?

This title will be released on February 10, 2009.

• Administrator
What about this company "Magnolia Home Entertainment" releasing the movie is it a good company? What else have they released so far?

This title will be released on February 10, 2009.

They're a good company. They put out excellent US releases of THE HOST and TEARS OF THE BLACK TIGER. Don't worry, they'll hook it up nice!

I've been putting off watching Chocolate for a long time now, i dunno why, but today i saw the Blu-Ray version of it and my god it was amazing.

I love kicking and this girl has some great kicks on show, she is just too raww :D

"Chocolate" will be shown in some U.S. theatres on February 6, 2009. I'm not sure if it's just "some" theatres as in a limited showing, or it's wide. I just found out about "Chocolate"'s U.S. theatrical release info in today's L.A. Times' "Movie Sneaks 2009".

The newspaper feature just has the title "Chocolate", a description of the story, the name of the distributor(Magnet Releasing), and the date of Feb. 6. It doesn't say what kind of theatrical release this will be.

I guess that I have some interest in seeing "Chocolate" when it comes out. However, I do kind of remember somebody on this message board saying that "'Chocolate' has just about the dumbest story I've ever heard, for a martial arts movie". I have some interest to see it anyway, for the action.

If "Chocolate" can be shown on some U.S. screens, then I don't see why the same can't happen to some HK martial arts movies(unless it's because some HK martial arts movies are too bloody).

I enjoyed Chocolate. The story is a little different and it's a little hard to believe that a 100 lbs mentally challenged woman could kick so much ass, but still very entertaining.

I could sympathize with the characters of this movie more than those in Tom Yum Goong.

________

Vaporite Solo Digital Review

vismistananda
I do kind of remember somebody on this message board saying that "'Chocolate' has just about the dumbest story I've ever heard, for a martial arts movie".

The very person who said that line :o doesn't know how to watch Martial Arts movies. Consider him a lame. :S :mad:

Thanks for posting this message mate, that is a very nice news, the movie "Chocolate" is not that bloody, it is full of action from start to end, also the storyline is so nice. I assure you that you will enjoy it.

Picked up the R1 Magnolia dvd today. Had to do a bit of hunting around to find it locally. Paid $20, which is kinda steep considering its pretty much a bare-bones release that has a "Making Of" as its only extra. At least we get both original language track and english dub both in 5.1 or 2.0.

Just finished wathcin it and thought it was pretty good. Takes awhile for the action to really kick in, but the story actually held my interest between action. The first couple fight are just OK, but the last 30 min is very good stuff. The lead actress, who is obviously another dancer turned MA actress in the veign of Michelle Yeoh, turned in an impressive physical performance. But its quite a stretch to call her the "female Tony Jaa" though. I was very suprised at how many times they actually used a stunt double for her (it was ALOT). Mad props to the stuntmen who really took another beating in this one (especially the end). Which is highlighted during the credits ala JC. Some credit is also due to Panna who seems to be getting better at creating more variations of his brand of choreography. Good flick

Not bad at all...saw the 90 something minute bluray version and was fairly impressed though I would like to see the original length version sometime in the future. Must say though, I wish Panna would maybe change it up a bit more. Hopefully Ong Bak 2 will deliver.

kingofkungfu2002
The lead actress, who is obviously another dancer turned MA actress in the veign of Michelle Yeoh

On the contrary, Jeeja Yanin is an experienced taekwondo stylist :)

On the contrary, Jeeja Yanin is an experienced taekwondo stylist

Really, Im suprised to hear that. She moves more like a dancer than a fighter.

I would like to tell you one fact I've read about this movie when It was final released in Thailand.

When this version was released in theater in Thailand, it wasn't the original plan version intended for release.

The scene she when was watching a Martial Art video on TV didn't have only Tony Jaa movie but also had Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies.

The Ice Factory scene was a duplicate event of Bruce Lee movie BIG BOSS and original version shows split screen of Jeejaa and the other half shows Clip of Bruce Lee doing his move at the same time as JeeJaa copied Bruce Lee moves.

The Warehouse scene also a duplicate Jack Chan movie and also supposed to show split screen (Half Jeejaa and the other half clip of Jackie Chan) of her doing the same thing Jackie Chan did.

Because of licensed problem with Hong Kong, these scenes were cut from the original movie, Not only split screen scenes, but any scenes that shows duplicate of moves that looks like it's been taken out of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies were all cut.

This original full version has not been seen or released anywhere in Thailand and probably none of us will never ever see it.