Chocolate / ช็อคโกแลต (2008)

Guest WongFury

Looks interesting, at least. Although a litlle bit low-budget at times, although that could be because of the poor video-quality.

Not overly impressed with her MA skills yet though, but the premise sounds cool so I'll definately give it a chance. :)

...and is it me (or the poor videoquality), or does she look a little bit simular to a modern-day Nora Miao!? :D

Has there ever been a MA movie from Thailand that didn't look low budget? Oh and the cameras WTF are they from the 70's. Hasn't Prachya Pankaew's made enough money off Tony Jaa for an upgrade yet.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingofkungfu2002

• daisho2004

• The Running Man

• SiamKnight

Yeah, I also thought they used wires sor some moves.

Also, the choreo was a bit different from Tony Jaa's films, which means Pana tries something new. I know that everybody's trashing Pinkaew's directorial skills, but I think he shots action just right. Really enjoyed the way it was shot. Another great thing is stuntwork. Looks like HK isn't obsessed with insane stunts like before, so Thailand is the only place right now where they have no regards for stuntmens' lives.

As somebody mentioned before, I just hope it won't turn out like Dynamite Warrior

Watch her in a Thai talk show. If you don't understand Thai, Just watch only part 2 at after 4:23. That part shows her during practice for almost 2 mins. The all other parts of video are just interviewing in Thai. Here's the Link of the interview Part 2 below. The first 4:23 is all talking so you might want to do something else rather than watch the screen and her face talking something you don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXqQEnhyD0w&feature=related

theportlykicker

Damn, she looks good! Thanks for the vids!

I've said this before and I'll say it again, she looks far better in the 2 minutes or so of action that I've seen from her already, than Yukari Oshima ever did. :D

Hey guys,

I was looking at EThaiCD.com as I see what old Panna Rittikrai movies they have on VCD for $5 each. I saw both Born to Fight and Born to Fight 3, but where is Born to Fight 2???

Was there even a BTF2??? I mean the old version, not the 2004 remake.

Oops...I thought I hit new thread..so embarrassed :(

thedirtytiger

The original negs of Born To Fight 2 are lost. There was a VCD a few years back but it is super hard to find now ( I am still looking....) Someone somewhere probably still has a nice 16mm version but it is supposed to be a very bad film so nobody really cares....

Chocolate gets its official Thai cinema release today, you can bet your ass I will be going to the cinema on the corner of my street to see it tonight ;)

This one flew under my radar, the name sounded like some kind of romantic comedy so I wasn't giving it any attention:p It looks promising, the lead looks like she'll deliver in the MA department though I'm not sure if they won't be utilizing a few wires here and there for this one, hopefully they'll find someone that can edit worth a damn.

The Amazing Psycho Per
Cannot wait to see this and I am hoping for a quick english sub DVD to arrive

Since Thai releases usually don't include english subs, it could take a while to see an english friendly DVD... But you never know, last time Korea came out of nowhere and provided a DVD of Tom Yum Gong with english subs before everyone else.

wow! this chick has skills, im really interested in this...premise seems interesting enough, i just hope that the plot holds up unlike most thai actioners

Just got the Cine Asia UK release of Flash Point, a good release as a 2 disc SE will post more when ive watched it in detail.

The interesting thing is that they have a trailers section on the disc and there is a new trailer for Chocolate!

So they have bought the rights to this for a UK release which is cool,it doesnt have a release date (just says coming soon to dvd) but a least it looks like an official release with subs, sooner rather than later!

Another interesting thing is that they also had trailers for other Premier Asia / Contender titles..are these companies linked or did Cine Asia / Showbox buy them out?

HIGH DEFINITION AMAZING BARGAINS...CLICK HERE!

theportlykicker

Excellent! I hadn't even heard of Cine Asia before I read this, but they sound promising. I can't wait to see Chocolate.

What is the general quality of the Cine Asia titles? Look forward to hear more comments from David regarding the Flash Point DVD. Hopefully Chocolate is released in the UK soon. (probably before US as seen with Flash Point)