Chocolate / ช็อคโกแลต (2008)

Guest WongFury

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yo Tosh- I'm surprised you didn't dig this more. I agree with Wuxifan- I thought each fight got better and better. Maybe it was just too hyped for you. I certainly wouldn't have said it was as good as ONG BAK 2!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingofkungfu2002

• daisho2004

• The Running Man

• SiamKnight

Yeah not to compare Jeena to Jaa, that's a tall order for anyone, I just thought some of the fights were a little to staged, people just standing there waiting to be hit, I know it happens but it was a bit to obvious that's why I didn't think it was as fluid as it could of been. Also this movie could of benifited with someone worth fighting at the end, besides the turrets kid, Jonny Nguyen would of been perfect, instead theres a gun weilding transvestite, and I just wasn't impressed by the end set piece, climbing up and down the side of the building/signs, it started feeling like a video game.

The movie was cute, I didn't dislike it, there was some great stunts and some of the fighting was impressive to, it just failed to take that next step for me.

I am impressed by Jeena though, hopefully she doesn't waste her time making "bad break dance fu" movies, though with the autism part you can't tell if she can act or not, her skills blows Zhang Ziyi out of the water but she has a long way to go to becoming the next Angela Mao.

Chocolate was a great introduction film for her..but her latest Raging Phoenix was very dissapointing. If you dont want "bad break dance fu" then dont watch this!

The film is getting a dvd and blu ray release via Cine Asia in the UK.

CHEAP BLU RAY DISCS HERE!...

The film is getting a dvd and blu ray release via Cine Asia in the UK.

RP is supposed to be available 12th April but nowhere has it on pre order, nor Hard Revenge Milly which is due 5th April.:confused:

I didn't know anything about this movie, but was wandering around my local DVD shop and purchased it on a whim, and I'm very happy I did.

I really like this movie and love the whole "petite girl kicking ass" thing. You can watch males doing action movies almost anytime, so to see a female doing good action in a movie is always a breath of fresh air for me.

I've really got my moneys worth with this movie too, I must have watched the fight sequences at least a half a dozen times so far and never get sick of them.

:yociexp44:

Wow Tosh! Maybe you should check it out again. I would not expect Jeeja to be as good as Jaa in OB1, so I didn't consider it to be a watered down version. I thought the storyline was very good and "outside the box" with the autism angle to it, although some parts of it were stretching it. As far as the fights go, I couldn't disagree with you more! :squigglemouth: I thought the ice-house fight was awesome to start off with, then I thought they got better as the movie went along! Especially the butcher shop and the warehouse scenes! If you watch the special features (on the UK version), you'll see all the injuries that the Thai stunt team endured. So, agree with you on that point, but would also add that Jeeja earned her money too!

So, c'mon Tosh! Get with the program!

:yociexp91:

(just kidding) :wink:

FINALLY saw this tonight (thanks Netflix).

I agree with Wuxia here...this movie just got better and better for me. I would LOVE to see the "deleted" side by sides with Bruce Lee, and Jackie Chan.

At first to be honest i didn't think it was worth 14.99 at FYI till i watched it and was blown away by the action ever since then i became a fan, waiting five months to buy Ragging Phoinex yeah, yeah, i know some people think it sucks but i think it's decent.

DragonClaws

Just getting round to viewing this title for the first time. It's been sat in my to watch pile for far too long now.

• Like 2