• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingofkungfu2002

• daisho2004

• The Running Man

• SiamKnight

Guest ToothbrushFu

This is the upcoming Prachya Pinkaew movie. The last I read it was supposed to be getting a Thai cinema release in July, so I guess any DVD will be a few months after that.

Morgoth Bauglir

Looks good. It looks like there is some wirework, but it didn't bug me. I just hope there isn't too many Bruce Lee impersinations. That was a bit odd.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Ah come on, the Bruce nod was funny...

I know there are a lot of detractors to the recent martial arts movies but I love them. They really remind me of the old glorious days Hong Kong action cinema, like some sort of hybrid of the 80s and 90s. I'm looking forward to this one. Panna is the man and his choreography is a breath of fresh air in a genre that has stalled in recent years. The only one right now who can rival his originality is Donny Yen, but I believe recent Thai films are much more satisfying, at least in terms of quantity.

Morgoth Bauglir
Ah come on, the Bruce nod was funny...

I agree, I just don't want to see it the whole movie. It seems like it would maybe ruin what looks like a dark film.

Heh, that was better than I thought it was going to be. I'll try to keep my expectations normal though as Dynamite Warrior had a pretty good trailer and still turned out pretty crappy. Here's hoping this is the one to break the string of bad Thai action movies that've come out lately. A few comments:

I liked the whole "she learned kung fu by watching kung fu movies" angle. Cheesy but cool.

I also liked the clothes she was wearing the whole time she was fighting. It was just regular female clothing, no special uniform or anything. It reminds me of the clothes Yukari Oshima and Moon Lee used to wear in some of their movies, like here- http://youtube.com/watch?v=b9_9VeXpcoE

I also agree with Morgoth that if she does Bruce mannerisms the whole movie its going to ruin it. Hopefully its just a little here and there done in jest like the way Sammo did it in Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon and Enter the Fat Dragon. Any more would get old fast.

Looks good. It looks like there is some wirework, but it didn't bug me. I just hope there isn't too many Bruce Lee impersinations. That was a bit odd.
:)There is no wirework, she really jumps and spin in the air without any wire.

theportlykicker

Wow! She looks amazing, and much better than Yukari Oshima could ever hope to be. :D Hopefully, the film will be good too.

Guest Yi-Long

Looks interesting, at least. Although a litlle bit low-budget at times, although that could be because of the poor video-quality.

Not overly impressed with her MA skills yet though, but the premise sounds cool so I'll definately give it a chance. :)

...and is it me (or the poor videoquality), or does she look a little bit simular to a modern-day Nora Miao!? :D

Wow! She looks amazing, and much better than Yukari Oshima could ever hope to be. :D Hopefully, the film will be good too.

Them's fightin' words.

Morgoth Bauglir
:)There is no wirework, she really jumps and spin in the air without any wire.

Yeah you are right. at the 1:52 mark I thought maybe there was a wire used, but I can't tell for sure.

Ivan Gorchev

It looks like they use everything in the book,wire 1:52,2:08,undercranking 1:46 Probably cgi and she is easy to double(2:12)with that hairstyle.

BUT I STILL LIKE IT!She is good and yes she looks a little bit like Nora Miao. But for me every asian looks the same LOL

froffeecoffee

Count me as thouroughly impressed. The trailer looks fierce. I expect the same from this as Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong plotwise; weak plot, tons of fantastic action. :eek: Also I read that Prachya Pinkaew and Tony Jaa had a falling out and that's why there will be no Sword film that was announced awhile back. Too bad. :(

The Running Man

Although the action does look quite impressive, this movie, from the little I know about it, has about the dumbest premise I have heard in a long time. I mean, I woldn't expect anything decent from the guy who directed On Bak and Tom Yum Goong (since he is pretty much a hack), but really:

A girl, who like chocolate a lot, learns to fight by watching Bruce Lee movies and then goes to single handily take on the Japanese Yakuza for revenge. :confused:

I want to see the film just to see if they are seriously going to try to pull a story like that off in a totally serious fashion.

I saw the trailer and I couldn't believe what I saw. She is freaking awesome!!! I like her fight against the guy who does the pommel horse moves.