Book: Bruce Lee Legends Of The Dragon Vol. 1

falkor

Today (26th April) was the launch date of this new Bruce Lee book by Steve Kerridge, featuring Way Of The Dragon and a photographic chronology of Bruce's life between April - August 1972. Did anyone else attend the Seni show? Please share your comments about the event and book.

I've only read the first few chapters, reaching "Departure for Rome", but flicking through all the pages I can already see that the photographic coverage is beyond my wildest dreams. There is some extremely rare unseen shots of Bruce and lot's of private letters and notes. One of my favourite shots so far includes Bruce in the foreground with a backdrop of about 5-6 Golden Harvest posters hanging on the wall (all martial arts titles). There is even a section at the end of the book specifically about Hapkido, featuring on the set photos with untold celebrities. The amount of rare photos in this book is quite sick actually.

What impresses me the most, above anything else, is the photo album of Bruce in Rome and other parts of Italy. Again, the photographic record here of Bruce's location hunting is extremely comprehensive. There is multiple shots of Bruce at the top of Palatine Hill looking over to the ruins of the Forum. There is even a map of Rome, highlighting the places Bruce and co. visited! Considering I got back from Rome only a few weeks ago, this is really fantastic. It's great to compare my own holiday snaps with Bruce's.

This book is a must for all fans of Bruce. I no longer consider myself a "Bruce Lee freak", like I used to be. Within 2 years of collecting Bruce Lee memoribilia, my tastes broadened to include all types of martial arts films and actors. Above all, I am a huge fan of Way Of The Dragon, and this book is just perfect! And there is still two more volumes waiting to be released later this year. Volume 1 is about 260 pages. It would take me all day to count the number of photos. Maybe there is over 1000...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this book today and was lucky enough to get it signed by Shannon Lee,had a quick flick through,looks like a great book.

Fantastic book, the amount of rare and unseen photo's are amazing, the author Steve Kerridge spent over 2 years researching this book, helped him on a little of the research and he gave me a credit in the book which was'nt needed, but was nice.

I would say to all Lee fans to buy this 3 volume series, because if its successful there will be further volumes on his other films.

U.S. Fans can buy it here....Legends Of The Dragon Vol 1

greenbamboo

Book is excellent and Steve has done an amazing job. Hopefully he can text Bruce's full script for WAY in the last volume like John Little did for GOD in his Warrior's Journey book. That would be so cool. Can't wait for the next volume.

Chinatown Kid

I definately want to get this book, Way is my favorite Lee film and the Bruce vs Chuck fight is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time. I hope the book features pics of Bruce and Chuck practicing their fight scenes, that would be way cool....

I really want to obtain a copy of this book. There appears to be a great deal of research to put this together, and the photos... :eek:

Heres just an example of some of the pix in the books, Chuck Norris and Carter Wong on the Hapkido set.......hundreds more amazing rare shots too....

WTS.jpg

Buy Legends Of The Dragon vol 1 ..here!

David Rees

Just got my hardback limited edition copy sent to me ....wow i will say it again this is a must buy book for any Lee fan and believe me the other two volumes coming up are even more amazing.

By the way the author is visiting America in July to promote the book at a Lee event.

LEGENDS OF THE DRAGON VOL 1: GET IT HERE

Archived