Bloody Parrot (1981) - Is this the worst Shaw Bros movie ever made?

magicpoe

Just for that we put the Bloody Parrot curse on ye! Jade Dragon (Markgway) I'm amazed at you!

Seriously, I'm a bit surprised you don't appreciate Bloody Parrot. Linn turned me on to this flick, he had very good things to say about this film, and upon viewing it I instantly fell in love with it. It delivers in every department. The fight choreographs are crisply and superbly worked out. I can watch this film over and over again.

I love, love, love this film.

I love it too! There! I said it!:xd:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Don't worry. The men in the white jackets will be here to collect you soon. :crossedlips:

waa haa haa haa haaa!!!! (villianous laugh) I've craftily eluded them thus far... they will never get ME.

There are a great many awesome fight scenes in this flick. When Pai Piao is first attacked in the woods. The bar fight, whwere he's drinking to his friends corpse lying next to him in his coffin, on a table in the bar. That fight scene is excellent. The demonic painting on Bloody Slave's wall. The fight scene with Long Sword. The fight scene before that with the pretty boy who used to be Bloody Slaves top customer (boy friend). The fight scene between Chan Shen and Bloody Slaves mother, where Chan uses his saw blade type weapon, has amazingly tight and fast (not sped up/anywhere in the movie/huge plus) choreographing. The ending with the cobra's, frogs, lizards, etc. Just wonderful atmosphere for old school horror fans. Not to mention the insanely well done possession scene by Bloody Slave. That scene is great.

I think that's DEMON OF THE LUTE (1983). I didn't watch the entire movie, though at least not yet. DESCENDANT OF THE SUN I liked for the insanity factor.

I LOVE Demon of the Lute. Seriously. That movie is ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome!

I recently bought my first batch of IVL's which included "Bloody Parrot" and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Okay, so it is absolutely insane and it does get a little too drawn out towards the end but, otherwise, I found it to be a great little flick.

I really didn't enjoy "Marco Polo." I think I fell asleep.

I LOVE Demon of the Lute. Seriously. That movie is ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome!

Yeah I loved this movie to, Lee Hoi San fighting with those ridiculously huge weapons, it was so over the top. I pretty much liked all the movie mentioned I've seen:xd: Bloody Parrot looks like my kind of movie

• Administrator

Interesting- I've heard the highest praise and the harshest criticism regarding BLOODY PARROT. I own it, but haven't watched it yet. But boy am I curious now!

• Administrator
Must be one of those films that polarizes fans.

Curious what your personal take is on BLOODY PARROT Markgway? Have you seen it? You're a no-nonsense kind of guy when it comes to opinions on movies, so I'd love to hear our opinion on it.

• Administrator
I started this thread!! lol

LOL I forgot! I paged back through it before writing that, but not far enough! :tongue: Doh!

odioustrident

Bloody Parrot is a late horror wuxia with a couple of solid action scenes. It must get points for that alone...but I haven't seen it in a while. I feel pretty strongly about Full Moon Scimitar and Descendant of the Sun being two of the worst I have seen.

Yeah I loved this movie to, Lee Hoi San fighting with those ridiculously huge weapons, it was so over the top. I pretty much liked all the movie mentioned I've seen:xd: Bloody Parrot looks like my kind of movie

Oh yeah Tosh, If you like "Demon of the Lute" I can pretty much guarantee you'll like the weirdness of Bloody Parrot.

I thought Challenge of the Masters was my least favourite, but as far as quality is concerned, Ten Tigers Of Kwantung was pretty wretched - good fun though

wait...u think CotM and 10Tigers are 2 of Shaws worse?

I've been trying to watch Killer Constable & its a bit dull. I like my Shaw's with a fair dose of crazy and this is kind of plain. Chen Kwan Tai is a bit wooden in this as well.

• Administrator
I've been trying to watch Killer Constable & its a bit dull. I like my Shaw's with a fair dose of crazy and this is kind of plain. Chen Kwan Tai is a bit wooden in this as well.

You mean "stoic"? :bigsmile:

Seriously, I get what you mean, but I loved this one.

Killer Constable is fantastic:yociexp56:

Going through the "lizard" seems hard,it`s been on my player now 7 hours and still 15 or so mins remain watching...

TibetanWhiteCrane

Not really dull, but the comedy was torture, even if you like Meng Yuen Man. The fights were decent. aside from the slapsticky ones! I could only get through it once.

• Administrator
Killer Constable is fantastic:yociexp56:

Going through the "lizard" seems hard,it`s been on my player now 7 hours and still 15 or so mins remain watching...

I agree, THE LIZARD was torture- just so boring. If only it had been a feature length film about "The Lizard" from THE FIVE VENOMS! :nerd:

I didn't care much for The Wandering Swordsman, I've mentioned before David Chiang reminded me of peter pan the way he was flying in and out of the scenes, being minus a 3rd of the iron triangle didn't help either:tongue:

Yeah, this was one I couldn't finish watching. Truly awful movie. Shaw's seemed totally lost when it came to copying the indy style of movie save for one or two instances.

Did you ever finish this?1st hour is terrible I gave up on it about 2 years ago.And quite recently managed to finish movie,there is some OK fights in the end.

I have seen worse Shaws...unfortunately:nerd:

Killer Meteor
I agree, THE LIZARD was torture- just so boring. If only it had been a feature length film about "The Lizard" from THE FIVE VENOMS! :nerd:

The Lizard is one of my faves.

I'm finding Shadow Boxer pretty rough going. A lot of the Shaws lack the wild rush effect a lot of the Golden Harvests and indies have. This one feels mired in grime

Archived