2 chu yuan movies

gravedigger666

gravedigger666

Enchantress&Swordsman and Enchantress.

I usually buy every CY movie I see but for some unknown reason I hesitated and left those to shelf of shop.Sure some here have seen those.How about them?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWORDSMAN & THE ENCHANTRESS is possibly my favorite of the Chu Yuan swordplay movies. Good sets, good Ti Lung performance, good soundtrack and one of the few that's easy to follow and understand.

THE ENCHANTRESS came at the tail end of the Shaw era and it shows. Lacking in so many departments, although it's not a total loss. It's actually pretty decent but nothing to get excited over. A horror wu xia with some comedy bits thrown in. Kuo Chui is here as well.

Yep. Kind of echoing Venoms' sentiments. Shouldn't have passed on Swordsman & Enchantress. It might be CY's best movie, by quite a margin compared to most of them, imo. One of my favourites for sure.

Enchantress is pretty crap. Ok, but meh.

S&E- pretty sweet. poetic and dreamy. chu yuan at its best.

the enchantress- imo it suffers the most from the underdeveloped, messy script.

im actually kind of a fan of this movie for it has a cool scenery and gloomy vibes galore. also, many many fun action scenes.

in fact its long due for a rewatch and im probably gonna throw that baby in tonite.... any 'new developments' i ll let u know ;)

anyhoo, i wouldnt wanna miss any of these 2 in my collection.

Picked up the Scorpioeast DVD of The Enchantress today and was amazed at the difference between the DVD & the VCD particularly in the night scenes.Maybe I will like it more now.

Archived