Human Lanterns may be uncut

gfanikf

It would be really difficult to say what was "uncut" or not considering the only dupes floating around prior to the IVL dvd were the same as the Celestial restoration. You could say the Image DVD is about as uncut as it's going to get for the time being.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I'm here. Just finished this up tonight and I'll keep it short and sweet because there isn't much to say about this really.

The REGION 1 Image DVD has the EXACT SAME FOOTAGE as the REGION 2 Momentum Asia DVD.

The REGION 1 Image DVD is anamorphic and the sound is original MONO.

My suggestion would be to use the REGION 2 Momentum Asia DVD as the base for a new version. Then, take the footage that is unique to the REGION 3 CELESTIAL DVD version and add it to the REGION 2 base thereby creating a version with all KNOWN footage available.

I believe Celestial must have created two versions:

1st one: PAL non-anamorphic that's on the IVL DVD (only lousily converted to NTSC with ghosting).

2nd one: HD version that's on Momentum and Image. Momentum being better quality because it has no ghosting.

If someone were to obtain both versions from the original master (to gain access, it would have to be a licensed distributor of course, unless it came on the Celestial channel, or maybe a native PAL Aussie DVD was made of the 1st version), they'd make the best version available.

Killer Meteor
I believe Celestial must have created two versions:

1st one: PAL non-anamorphic that's on the IVL DVD (only lousily converted to NTSC with ghosting).

2nd one: HD version that's on Momentum and Image. Momentum being better quality because it has no ghosting.

If someone were to obtain both versions from the original master (to gain access, it would have to be a licensed distributor of course, unless it came on the Celestial channel, or maybe a native PAL Aussie DVD was made of the 1st version), they'd make the best version available.

Momentum's is non-anamorphic

Momentum's is non-anamorphic

They all are. I'm wondering if that includes the HD ones.

If you're talking about the "better source" issue, I've not always been convinced that Image (or any other shitty PAL>NTSC) DVDs are genuine anamorphic. With Momentum, although non-anamorphic, is a far preferable source to salvage from.

Archived